Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 09:43 AM

20 posts, read 28,886 times

Advertisements

Good morning! It's been almost 3 years in the making, but we've finally made the move from San Diego. With family getting older and a desire to have a new house and build new experiences, we decided on the Triangle for our new home. Here are a few highlights:
  • We used Ace Relocation Systems/Atlas Van Lines, and they've been phenomenal if anyone is looking for movers out of SoCal.
  • The drive across Interstate 20 was probably the most boring drive ever, but people were very friendly in the southern towns.
  • Towneplace Suites (by Marriott) was very good for overnight stops since they accept pets at minimal charge and provide breakfast.
  • We fell in love with Chapel Hill and, so far, the people seem to be genuinely nice!
  • Traffic is so much nicer than San Diego! There have been a few exceptions, but that appears to be on another thread.

We've been staying in Richmond with family and cannot wait until our "final" drive next Monday for our close! My partner works from home (and travels) and I'll be "boots on the ground" to look for employment once we get settled-ish. I have to admit, it was all shiny and exciting when we made our decision, but the work has (at times) been grueling ... Like I said above, we're here to build new experiences and the hard work makes it even sweeter.

On a side note, if anyone has any experience with TWC going into a new build your advice would be most welcomed. I understand that sometimes they don't send the right person/people for hook-up ... I've contacted them to let them know, but we really need internet asap once we close.
Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 12:01 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,994,730 times
Just have a backup plan in case TWC has delays. Are there any other options besides TWC in your town? They don't have the best reputation here.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:32 AM

20 posts, read 28,886 times
The other option is AT&T U-Verse Gigapower. I'm just not crazy about their internet web browsing monitoring. However, if push comes to shove I'll go with U-Verse if TWC fails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary