Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,195 times

Advertisements

Hi to everyone. I'm getting married this December and it will be a very small wedding (just he and I and my kids as witnesses) followed by something in NY next year sometime since both our families live up there. I'm trying to find a place for the weekend in Boone or Blowing Rock that is recommended for something romantic, close to maybe a nice restauarant for one evening, etc. I've done a search on this forum for romantic getaways, and although I'd love to go to Asheville, I feel it's too far, and although I'd love to do Biltmore, Fearrngton House, etc. way too expensive for the time being, but will do in the future. We're just looking for a place to get away - an inn, a rental, but just some place that could be suggested from experience that can be a wonderful place to spend a romantic, yet short honeymoon with the person you love. We certainly don't mind spending a few hundred on a weekend, so we're not necessarily talking cheap for rentals - just something recommended as it's tough to rely on internet sites, etc. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 06:34 AM

42 posts, read 99,200 times
Just got back from here:

Asheville Log Cabins near Chimney Rock and Lake Lure North Carolina

Back in the woods, no one around. Build a fire and watch movies or chill in the hot tub and watch the stars. It is close to Asheville, but not quite that far.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:07 AM

744 posts, read 1,262,771 times
We did a weekend anniversary stay at the Graystone Inn in downtown Wilmington and had a wonderful time. Deluxe is a terrific restaurant that is a short walk a way, and there are lots of other good restaurants, bars, and hangouts and things to do in downtown Wilmington.

Wilmington North Carolina Bed and Breakfast - Wilmington, NC

Old 11-19-2009, 12:00 PM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,025 times
Mast Farm Inn in Valle Crucis, NC

Old 11-19-2009, 12:10 PM

477 posts, read 1,419,086 times
The Inn at Ragged Gardens in Blowing Rock. The Inn at Ragged Gardens - Historic Blowing Rock NC Country Inns
They also have an excellent restaurant. Congratulations!

Old 12-05-2009, 09:34 AM

11 posts, read 23,268 times
I recommend Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. I was there a couple of months ago and I had a blast. My kids loved Ober Gatlinburg & the upside down building (Wonderworks). We book through a site called Gatlinburg Cabins Now and we also used Pigeon Forge Cabins Now. They have a wide selection of all the cabins in Gatlinburg, well all the luxury ones. Some of the cabins there are dumps that's why we choose these site. Seems that they only select the luxury ones. Hope that helps! Have fun!

Old 12-05-2009, 01:00 PM

64 posts, read 173,669 times
For the Boone/Blowing Rock area, I recommend Chetola Resort in Blowing Rock, The Inn at Crestwood in Blowing Rock, and the Mast Farm Inn in Valle Crucis. All have GREAT restaurants and are located in good areas of the "high country" for getting around to all the sights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary