Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 12:51 PM

50 posts, read 270,586 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me whether there are any public indoor swimming pools in the Triangle Area, and if so, whether there are days allocated for ladies only.

Plus are there safe places to go bike riding and parks to run in?

Thanks.

Haleema
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,146,728 times
From your other posts it seems you are still researching areas, so I'll just give general answers.

Yes, there are public indoor swimming pools. Several are operated by the City of Raleigh and the City of Durham, and one in Cary is private but open to the public.

No, they do not have ladies only swimming. I don't know of anywhere that does this.

There are many many choices for safe biking and running. There are trail systems through Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and Cary.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
From your other posts it seems you are still researching areas, so I'll just give general answers.

Yes, there are public indoor swimming pools. Several are operated by the City of Raleigh and the City of Durham, and one in Cary is private but open to the public.

No, they do not have ladies only swimming. I don't know of anywhere that does this.

There are many many choices for safe biking and running. There are trail systems through Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and Cary.
Thanks.

It's either South Charlotte or the Triangle Area. We'll be visiting both cities in the new year.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:38 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,102,359 times
There was an article in the paper last year about a local pool that had a ladies only swim session, aimed primarily at muslim women, but for the life of me I cannot remember where it was! Maybe someone else will come along and know!
I'll try to google it.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:40 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,102,359 times
Here you go: It was from last year though! Muslim Women Start Swim Lessons At Curran Aquatic Center - Wake County - MyNC.com
Look slike swimming lessons though, not open swim time.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:31 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,146,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Here you go: It was from last year though! Muslim Women Start Swim Lessons At Curran Aquatic Center - Wake County - MyNC.com
Good catch! I noticed those new shades last time I was at the Triangle Aquatic Center, but I didn't realize that's why they had been installed.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Thanks so much Lamishra,

The article also mentioned that this might open up many new opportunities beyond swimming class sessions, such as a morning group swim, which is what I was looking to do.

Haleema

Old 11-24-2009, 10:43 PM

4 posts, read 18,974 times
Good thing there are swimming pools like these
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary