Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 08:46 AM

693 posts, read 2,754,860 times

Advertisements

I liked Dunkin Donuts a lot before I moved here. But after that I learned to dislike it and avoid going there at all costs. Reason #1 is because for whatever reason their stores here are DIRTY. Reason #2 is because the people working at the DD i've been to are usually grumpy and unfriendly. Reason #3 is because here they make the Coffee Collata dark and bitter,not sure why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 09:15 AM

478 posts, read 2,040,500 times
Please someone bring non chain doughnuts to North Carolina! Ever had doughnuts fresh from a mom and pop donut shop? Delicious.

These are all over the place in California...can't understand why they aren't here!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:42 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,192,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse1110 View Post
Please someone bring non chain doughnuts to North Carolina! Ever had doughnuts fresh from a mom and pop donut shop? Delicious.

These are all over the place in California...can't understand why they aren't here!
They are rare, but I did find one in N. Raleigh just off of Creedmoor Road. It is called Daylight Donuts. I beelive it is owned by a husband and wife who moved here a few years back from Long Island. It is a tiny place, but they have good donuts and it isn't a chain which is a plus in my book.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:02 AM

123 posts, read 484,754 times
I agree the Daylight Donuts off Creedmoor is really good - but I thought it was a franchise, too - no?

Old 05-16-2007, 10:05 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,030,185 times
Yes, Daylight Donuts is a franchise. I've seen plenty of them in the midwest, but they tend to be family-run establishments.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:07 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,192,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOltmans View Post
I agree the Daylight Donuts off Creedmoor is really good - but I thought it was a franchise, too - no?
Oh, my bad. I have never seen one before and assumed it was an independent. Thanks for setting me straight! Maybe there aren't any indy places here after all.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:19 AM

574 posts, read 1,205,450 times
I like both DD and KK. They are different, and if you are craving one, the other is not a substitute.

For coffee, I like coffee flavored coffee from a home coffee pot with Cremora or Coffemate in it. Of course I lose out on looking cool toting my coffee shop coffee cup (with nifty sleeve!) around town. It seems to be a must have accessory around here.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:21 AM

1,219 posts, read 4,206,650 times
I love Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts, but not their other donuts and their coffee is crap. Dunkin Donuts has great coffee, good bagels, and the new yogurt smoothies are delicious.

My dh gave me a DD card for Mother's day-he knows I love a coolatta on a hot day at work!

I noticed few DD's in Raleigh too. OTOH, they are literally on every corner here in central CT-it's excessive-so I guess it's relative. KK closed here so I look forward to some hot donuts, in Raleigh!

Old 05-16-2007, 10:32 AM

50 posts, read 252,077 times
DD for coffee, if you like Columbian coffee. It's a winey, sort of sweet bean they use, and if you like that sort of thing, it's a fine cup of coffee. Most places use Columbian or a blend, and it's not as good as DD. But my wife doesn't like Columbian coffee so she thinks it's foul.

Their donuts are not great. KK have the better donuts. I have a local bakery that makes killer donuts, blows both DD and KK away. Not too sweet (like KK) and the chocolate actually tastes like chocolate.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:51 AM

959 posts, read 4,483,129 times
Ditto!!! I'm not fond of Krispy Kreme but LOVE Dunkin Donuts. Krispy Kremes are so sweet my teeth want to jump out of my mouth - and I love desserts of all kinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by procfreq View Post
You have no idea how much I'd like to see a Dunkin Donuts in Durham!!!!!!!

I can't BELIEVE there aren't any around here... not in South Durham, not near/on campus... crazy. If there was a DD on Hillsborough Street, I'd go there every single day for coffee.

Dunkin' Donuts in Durham!!! I'm begging you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary