Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 02:02 PM

624 posts, read 2,108,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Historic Oakwood Neighborhood Candlelight Tour December 13-14, 2009 (http://www.historicoakwood.org/candlelighttour2008.php - broken link)

Get ready to take a walk through the past this holiday season as this year ten (10) homes in the Historic Oakwood neighborhood open their doors to visitors during the 37th annual Historic Oakwood Candlelight Tour, December 13-14 from 1-7 PM. Whether you’re interested in getting a glimpse inside the candlelit windows, learning more about Raleigh’s history and architecture, or simply looking for an excuse to spend a little extra time with friends in downtown Raleigh, you’re invited to come celebrate the holidays on the Candlelight Tour.
Note: The dates are actually Saturday, December 12th and Sunday December 13th from 1-7 PM.

Historic Oakwood - Raleigh, North Carolina (http://www.historicoakwood.org/candlelighttour2009.php - broken link)

So it's this weekend coming up. I'm just waiting to get a firmer idea on the weather, but looks like a unique opportunity, since I'll be in town that weekend.

Other good info on the site:
Quote:
High heel shoes, strollers, photography and smoking are not permitted inside the tour properties. Use of tour home restrooms is not permitted. There is a portable toilet available in the Oakwood Common at the corner of N. East Street and Boundary Street. The children of Oakwood will be serving delicious hot drinks in the Oakwood Common at the corner of N. East Street and Boundary Street. Tea and cookies will be provided at Burning Coal Theater at the corner of Polk and Person Streets. Restrooms will also be available at this location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 07:03 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
Note: The dates are actually Saturday, December 12th and Sunday December 13th from 1-7 PM.

Historic Oakwood - Raleigh, North Carolina (http://www.historicoakwood.org/candlelighttour2009.php - broken link)

So it's this weekend coming up. I'm just waiting to get a firmer idea on the weather, but looks like a unique opportunity, since I'll be in town that weekend.

Other good info on the site:
Thanks for the correction! I guess I was looking at the 2008 website!!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 01:27 PM

58 posts, read 202,241 times
This weekend is the Apex Nativity display.

Over 300 nativities from around the world
Musical performances by local school and church choirs and orchestras
Beautiful art gallery depicting the life and ministry of Jesus Christ
Community “Messiah” sing-in on Saturday night
Live nativity
Children’s room with activities

Old 12-07-2009, 03:03 PM

5 posts, read 7,686 times
Any idea if the skating rink is kid-friendly? Meaning, do they rent kid sized skates too?

Old 12-08-2009, 09:14 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,645,432 times
The 16th Annual Jingle Ball is this Thursday, December 10 at Marbles Museum. I have gone the past three years and it is always a good time for a great cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITJeff View Post
Any idea if the skating rink is kid-friendly? Meaning, do they rent kid sized skates too?
Yes.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:12 PM

6 posts, read 19,609 times
I'm looking for some teen-friendly venues for music we can attend as a family - live music or dancing. My daughers are 16 and 19 and wouldn't be drinking. We just need to find a place they will be allowed in the door. Does anybody know how this works, or have any suggestions for Durham or Raleigh? IWe are planning a family outing during the college Christmas Break.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:15 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
Good question.

The only place I've ever seen teens dancing to live music at the same time and same place with their parents is at weddings.

Maybe rollerskating or ice skating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStrazis View Post
I'm looking for some teen-friendly venues for music we can attend as a family - live music or dancing. My daughers are 16 and 19 and wouldn't be drinking. We just need to find a place they will be allowed in the door. Does anybody know how this works, or have any suggestions for Durham or Raleigh? IWe are planning a family outing during the college Christmas Break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary