Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:21 PM

850 posts, read 3,625,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
That combined with my DD telling me that the bus driver doesn't hold her cell phone up to her ear but instead just talks on her blue tooth so therefore it is "safe" has really gotten me irked about the whole bus issue!
Oooh...wow, this one I'd have to call the principal on. Is it illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving a bus or car in NC? It is in NJ. Either way, its not safe. The constant delays sound like they might be unorganized at the school at bus time.

Our bus driver gets to our home at almost the same exact minute every day. The car pool line which wraps around the entire parking lot runs like a fine oiled machine. They get well over 65 cars loaded and out within 10 minutes! So they are very organized and serious about their times.

Lauren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 09:13 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
Our bus is almost never late. In the last year, the only times it has been late is when there was a sub driver. Otherwise, it's totally reliable. And the carpool line is equally as efficient.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:09 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,008,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
Oooh...wow, this one I'd have to call the principal on. Is it illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving a bus or car in NC? It is in NJ. Either way, its not safe. The constant delays sound like they might be unorganized at the school at bus time.

Our bus driver gets to our home at almost the same exact minute every day. The car pool line which wraps around the entire parking lot runs like a fine oiled machine. They get well over 65 cars loaded and out within 10 minutes! So they are very organized and serious about their times.

Lauren

I don't think it is disorganization at the school. Car pool runs like a well oiled machine. We have no clue what the hang up is with the bus being there at the same time is. We actually did a petition in our neighborhood where we had families sign which equaled 70 kids families. Sent it in and the dept. has never even responded to the petition. Pretty sad!

Old 05-22-2007, 04:41 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Our bus is almost never late. In the last year, the only times it has been late is when there was a sub driver. Otherwise, it's totally reliable. And the carpool line is equally as efficient.
I have to agree...but bus is almost never late. Never in the morning, and only twice in the evening...once with a sub last year and once this year when they got a flat tire and had to wait for a new bus....even that was only 15 mintues or so. The driver let the kids use their cell phones to call home.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:49 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Jefferson Co [Charles Town] WVa an elementry school bus was on fire this morning...lucky all kids got off safe. But I bet for the rest of this school year
parents will drive them.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Jefferson Co [Charles Town] WVa an elementry school bus was on fire this morning...lucky all kids got off safe. But I bet for the rest of this school year
parents will drive them.
I wonder why folks never stop driving their children when they hear of a car crash by parents going to or from school.

The year we moved here a man curved off the side of the road with his daughter on the way to school (same as my daughter's), killing him, and badly injuring his child. We all still took our kids to school in the morning.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:57 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Sad but true..

Old 05-22-2007, 06:19 PM

225 posts, read 954,184 times
[quote=Desdemona123;733305]
To be honest, carpool is a fine art in Wake County....lol.
[quote]

This made me laugh, my thoughts exactly! When my son started in Jan. I had never expirenced "car pools". Where we came from kids either rode the bus or walked (I'm sure some car pooled, but, a rare few).

So, I was amazed how they run the car pool lines down here---wow--pretty impressive...lol.

I do drive my elem. child but, the others do ride the buses.

We have never had any bus problems. My middle school bus driver is very strict---took the bus back to school at least 3x this year (nothing real major, but, she keeps a tight reign on any problems).

Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmarie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
To be honest, carpool is a fine art in Wake County....lol.

This made me laugh, my thoughts exactly! When my son started in Jan. I had never expirenced "car pools". Where we came from kids either rode the bus or walked (I'm sure some car pooled, but, a rare few).

So, I was amazed how they run the car pool lines down here---wow--pretty impressive...lol.

I do drive my elem. child but, the others do ride the buses.

We have never had any bus problems. My middle school bus driver is very strict---took the bus back to school at least 3x this year (nothing real major, but, she keeps a tight reign on any problems).
Yeah, when I saw the two-way radios and matching 'SWAT' style wind breakers and caps, I knew we weren't dealing with amateurs here! LOL!

My daughter's bus driver is strict, but not draconian...and keeps very good eye on things. if the kids behave, they get a little more lee-way...they push it too far...they get it taken away. Makes sense to me.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:35 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Yeah, when I saw the two-way radios and matching 'SWAT' style wind breakers and caps, I knew we weren't dealing with amateurs here! LOL!
No kidding! I was so intimidated our first day of school down here, I would have taken any kid they put in my car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary