U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM

3 posts, read 7,127 times

Advertisements

plan to find a new house in the west cary area, is it possible to find out the recently house sales info like how much a pre-sales house deal was closed? if not, can I find the recent sales transaction other than the wake county real estate DB? I find it doesn't list all the new house sales data, I know several houses were closed last week but the wake county DB wasn't reflecting that update...

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 04:39 PM

38,740 posts, read 67,040,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkiestar View Post
plan to find a new house in the west cary area, is it possible to find out the recently house sales info like how much a pre-sales house deal was closed? if not, can I find the recent sales transaction other than the wake county real estate DB? I find it doesn't list all the new house sales data, I know several houses were closed last week but the wake county DB wasn't reflecting that update...

Thanks.
Many new construction pre-sales never make it into the MLS.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:49 PM

3 posts, read 7,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Many new construction pre-sales never make it into the MLS.
so what about inventory home (which does have MLS#) sales info? one house we were interested was sold last week, and its MLS becomes inactive, would like to find out how much it was sold, does MLS require the ending transaction be recorded?

Old 12-14-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkiestar View Post
so what about inventory home (which does have MLS#) sales info? one house we were interested was sold last week, and its MLS becomes inactive, would like to find out how much it was sold, does MLS require the ending transaction be recorded?
If it actually Closed, then the MLS will need an update, and any agent can pull the closed sales price on the MLS.

If it just went Pending, the contract sales price will not be available until closing.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:44 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,316,835 times
Go here... Real Estate Search
In the bottom right area of the form type the street number for the house you recently saw sold and then beside that the street it's on. Then when you're in the house's account click the "Sales" tab.

That will put in "date order" the recent sales in that neighborhood of comparable houses.

I hope that helps. It just takes a couple days to update, but my house was on there in just a few days.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:58 PM

1,813 posts, read 2,318,412 times
If you're looking for new home sales and it is not reflected yet under the Tax, Property and Maps section go to the Register of Deeds section and type in the builder name as the grantor and a "recorded on or after" date. Usually these will be posted within a day or so.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:15 AM

16 posts, read 31,296 times
For schools, check out 'NC School Report Card'

NC School Report Cards

Old 12-15-2009, 01:41 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,686,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
If you're looking for new home sales and it is not reflected yet under the Tax, Property and Maps section go to the Register of Deeds section and type in the builder name as the grantor and a "recorded on or after" date. Usually these will be posted within a day or so.
I have found that it takes 2 or 3 weeks these days to update the Wake County property records which is disappointing - this has been consistant throughout 2009

Old 12-15-2009, 07:30 PM

12,451 posts, read 30,237,370 times
Using the selling price from Wake County's website doesn't always give you the full information. For example, if the builder paid $5,000 in buyer's closing costs, you will not get that information from Wake County's website.

Vicki

Old 12-15-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
I have found that it takes 2 or 3 weeks these days to update the Wake County property records which is disappointing - this has been consistant throughout 2009
I believe that the County Recorder's site NRaleigh Mom refers to is quicker to update than the Revenue Department site, which can lag quite a while.

Still, there will be no concessions listed.
But, one can safely assume that the property appraises at the purchase price, CC concessions or not.
That appraisal reflects the value for funding purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary