Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:44 PM

741 posts, read 3,510,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC81 View Post
Exactly, giffman. And certain parts of Knightdale are worse than others when it comes to raising families. I wouldn't live in downtown Knightdale now, but most of the surrounding areas are great. Just like I wouldn't live in downtown Raleigh or Southeast Raleigh, but most of North Raleigh is great. I have relatives in a 500k+ neighborhood ITB and hear about all the homeless roaming around, and the crime.

Hey, I think a small handful of kids from Knightdale will go to Wendell Middle.
Just to Clarify,

Wendell Middle is on Traditional calendar, so which every family anywhere in Knightdale can Opt out of East Wake Middle which is year round and choose Traditional calender being Wendell.

Now I have a great house for sale in Knightdale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 09:43 AM

6 posts, read 12,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
East Wake is in Raleigh East Wake Middle School but it is at the border of Knightdale. Currently children from Raleigh, Knightdale, SE Raleigh and N. Raleigh attend this school.

And yes, Knightdale HS is #10 on the list - behind some North Raleigh & Garner schools! Using your logic one would suggest that parents not live in North Raleigh or Garner, or send their kids to Carroll MS or any of the others on the list.

Why is it that people want to slam Knightdale, yet statistically North Raleigh has more problems with crime according to the crime maps. Knightdale HS like many schools in Wake, has a segment of population which causes the bulk of the problems. The school also has many kids who do very well academically and come from diverse and/or wealthy backgrounds with strong parental support. There is a parent group that has mobilized to work on the issues, I believe they are called the Knightdale 100.

I know you didn't mention this, but Wendell MS is a new school which many children from Knightdale are assigned to. It's certaily NOT on the list!

Many people love living in Knightdale for its small town feeling, easy shopping/roads access, less traffic, nearby amenities, and sense of community.
Thank you Raleighlass - Yes we are Knightdale 100. We are working hard to improve schools in Knightdale. Please feel free to check out our website and join if you would like to help us: Knightdale 100

Old 07-23-2010, 09:50 AM

375 posts, read 1,143,209 times
dburr10085 - although we don't have kids yet, DH and I were really excited to see a group this active in the schools and making a change for the positive.

Its one of the reasons why we moved to Knightdale. We wanted a smaller-town feel and a community with citizens that are willing to be involved to make it a better place. We can't wait to find our own niche and get plugged in.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:44 AM

6 posts, read 12,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaflora View Post
dburr10085 - although we don't have kids yet, DH and I were really excited to see a group this active in the schools and making a change for the positive.

Its one of the reasons why we moved to Knightdale. We wanted a smaller-town feel and a community with citizens that are willing to be involved to make it a better place. We can't wait to find our own niche and get plugged in.
Knightdale is a great place to get plugged in and help direct the towns huge growth spurt. The town leaders are very down to earth and you probably wouldn't know who they were if you walked right up to them.
We appreciate families like your who are willing and wanting to see great things. If you ever want to get some hands on with what's going on with education in Knightdale, Knightdale 100 will have it's next informal meeting on Thursday 8/26 at 7:30 at Knightdale Town Hall. Anyone interested is welcome to attend!

Old 08-21-2010, 02:03 PM

741 posts, read 3,510,097 times
FWIW, my family is so glad we moved out of Knightdale. Out of all the places we ever lived and homes we ever owned, living in Knightdale was by far the WORST! We built a brand new home in a new neighborhood and sold it a year later as did many of my neighbors. The prices are low in Knightdale for a reason.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:11 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC little foot View Post
FWIW, my family is so glad we moved out of Knightdale. Out of all the places we ever lived and homes we ever owned, living in Knightdale was by far the WORST! We built a brand new home in a new neighborhood and sold it a year later as did many of my neighbors. The prices are low in Knightdale for a reason.
Can I ask which neighborhood you moved into? I have friends in Princeton manor and Planters walk who absolutely love it there.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:28 AM

143 posts, read 416,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC little foot View Post
What would that reason be? And what neighborhood did you build in? If it was a low income neighborhood, you really get what you pay for. It's the same story anywhere - Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Apex etc.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:49 PM

22 posts, read 190,155 times
According to WRAL this video is a daily ocurrence when driving thourgh the 6 or so intersections in Knightdale. Be careful!

Red-light cameras racking up citations in Knightdale :: WRAL.com

Old 08-23-2010, 07:20 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciAnn View Post
According to WRAL this video is a daily ocurrence when driving thourgh the 6 or so intersections in Knightdale. Be careful!

Red-light cameras racking up citations in Knightdale :: WRAL.com
Ok, it's not the wild west out here Do you live here, have you seen this going on? This is NOT a daily occurrence! I spend a lot of time in Knightdale in the last 10 yrs I've not seen this happening. Come here and check it out for yourself.

I'm not a fan of red light cameras, hate them. But, many places have them, not JUST Knightdale. I've seen many in Raleigh and as an example, here is info on Cary Red Light Signal Cameras (http://www.townofcary.org/Departments/Police_Department/Red_Light_Signal_Cameras.htm - broken link)

Old 08-23-2010, 09:32 AM

375 posts, read 1,143,209 times
The "Knightdale hate" is seriously ridiculous... do any of the haters actually SPEND TIME in Knightdale???

Yes - there are now red light cameras. I can't see the video at work, so I don't know what exactly its refering to. Red light cameras are a pain, they've been contested, but they still stand. Cary has them all over the place, and no one cares.

Living in Knightdale, I feel like I'm getting a taste of how Durham used to feel...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary