U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 05:13 PM

203 posts, read 142,485 times

Advertisements

I see there is a sign on Fayetteville Street 1 mile down from The Streets At Southpoint that says a new Toll Brothers subdivision is going in soon. Does anyone have any information on this one? Toll Brothers usually builds high end (pricey) homes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 05:44 PM

997 posts, read 4,448,952 times
I just know they are building near Southpoint but I don't have any information. Toll Brothers website hasn't even posted it yet under their future communities either. Maybe some other Realtors on the forum might have some more information.

They are also building two collections in Cary called Green Level Crossing. Paved roads aren't in but they are selling now.

Also in the future, they are building another golf course community like Brier Creek in Pittsboro. This won't be ready for quite some time.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:24 AM

133 posts, read 687,393 times
I love the Toll Brother homes. Their SD at Brier Creek is what got me started on looking at the the Triangle area. High-end and pricey...yes, they definitely can be. Some of the homes there have gone up over $100k in appreciation from the original sale price. Combination of great homes/designs, high quality and excellent location!

I would think that since this new SD has a great location as well (near SouthPoint, RTP, RDU, etc.) that it's probably gonna sell quick and appreciate pretty well. I'd love to get some info from those w/ the scoops...

Old 05-28-2007, 07:26 PM

997 posts, read 4,448,952 times
This was just posted by Toll Brothers on their website about the new community near Southpoint in Durham for those interested.

"Coming soon to beautiful Durham, North Carolina, over 280 luxurious single family homes located one mile south of the Streets of Southpoint. This Toll Brothers community is planned to have three stunning home style collections, with pricing from the low $300,000s to upper $500,000s. Ranging in size from 2,500 square feet to over 5,000 square feet, many of these homes will overlook beautifully wooded conservation and offer walk-out basements. Residents will enjoy natural walking trails, convenient sidewalks that connect to the American Tobacco Trail, a superior pool and clubhouse with a tot lot for the kids and multi-purpose court for the young at heart. This country location in the heart of the Triangle, just minutes to Research Triangle Park, is sure to be one of Durham's most sought-after addresses. "

Old 03-25-2008, 03:55 PM

1,364 posts, read 5,781,144 times
Anyone have an update on this project? Prices and models are on the website but no opening date.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:10 PM

159 posts, read 578,830 times
They recently had a promotion going at both Brier Creek and the Hills at Southpoint site (that's the name of the development) for the Southpoint site. It was sort of an introductory thing. I picked up an information packet, being a fan of walk-out basements.

I'm not sure when construction begins, but my impression was later this year.

You could probably get info. packets from the Brier Creek sales office if the Hills at Southpoint office isn't open yet.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:11 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,605,623 times
They look very nice. Does anyone know what is "basic/standard" in Toll homes and what is considered upgrades (ie hardwoods, granite countertops, tile work etc)?? I have found that most developers have a very basic price plan that sounds so reasonable but once you start adding upgrades, the cost skyrockets. A house that might be listed for $340K may well go up $400s with upgrades.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:19 PM

1,935 posts, read 7,429,823 times
I drove past there today actually. The person I was with and myself both commented on the fact that they gutted all the trees. The homes built on the outskirts of the neighborhood might have trees behind them but everything else won't. The location however seems very convenient.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:02 AM

551 posts, read 516,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpoint View Post
I see there is a sign on Fayetteville Street 1 mile down from The Streets At Southpoint that says a new Toll Brothers subdivision is going in soon. Does anyone have any information on this one? Toll Brothers usually builds high end (pricey) homes.

This is called "The Hills at Southpoint". I just checked with Toll Brothers in Cary and even though they are shutting down the building of the Meadows Townhomes in Cary, they said the pre-sales at The Hills at Southpoint are doing well. The models are being built now.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:26 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,644,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I drove past there today actually. The person I was with and myself both commented on the fact that they gutted all the trees. The homes built on the outskirts of the neighborhood might have trees behind them but everything else won't. The location however seems very convenient.
Too bad. I think developers do better when they build neighborhoods like Brightleaf at the Park and leave natural wooded trees on site.

There's a movement afoot in Durham to ban clear-cut and mass grading development practices. It's things like these practices that get folks' blood boiling about new subdivisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary