Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:19 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times

Advertisements

I made a trip to Southpoint Mall today after learning they had a place that offered chair massages. Boy am I glad I finally went there! The chair massages were great, but even more impressive was the Southpoint Mall itself. What a great place! This is by far one of the best malls I have ever been too. It had just about every retail store I could want and I absolutely loved the outside “main street” area. Now I know what Triangle Town Center was trying to accomplish, but it seems to me like South Point hit the nail on the head with their outdoor section. It was jumping with activity, people eating at outdoor bistro tables, nice fountains and outdoor entertainment (saw a juggler and a guy playing the guitar/harmonica). There is a great collection of shops and restaurants out on the main street section. I really like how the movie theater is right there so you can walk over after grabbing a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants. My wife loved the urban outfitters store. The place had a great vibe. All in all I think South Point is the best Mall in the Triangle Area. I like Crabtree and Triangle Town Center too, but I think Southpoint Mall is my new favorite.

FYI, From where I Live in N. Raleigh (I-540 @ Falls of Neuse Road Exit) it took exactly 24 minutes to make the easy drive over to the mall on a Sunday Afternoon. The trip was a breeze!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 04:36 PM

997 posts, read 4,644,836 times
I second that. For all you who haven't been, Southpoint is the best mall in the Triangle in my opinion. Worth a visit. Triangle Town and Crabtree are nice also.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:38 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,637 times
North Raleigh Guy,

How did you get Triangle Area Explorer under your name instead of Member and Senior Member?

I love the Southpoint Mall too. We went there when we were in the area in February and I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. I love how all the stores inside the mall are designed to look like little stores with rooflines etc. So much more attractive than other malls I've been to. And so many great stores both indoors and outdoors. I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time there when we finally move.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:43 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,948,840 times
Thumbs up agreed...LOVE Southpoint

I am literally 2 minutes from Brier Creek Commons, but always find myself back at Southpoint. I made my first trip there back in December and keep going back. I find myself at the Super Target behind the mall and at World Market across from the Mall. It's a great area! It only takes me about 10 minutes from Brier Creek. When I settle in Knightdale I will still go back...although Triangle Town Mall is my 2nd favorite, and there is a Super Target there as well and a World Market..so I will be set out there....Glad you liked it! oh...I find myself also at the HomeGoods as well...got a great buy there last Tuesday night...same item in Macy's was $49.99; purchased in HomeGoods for $19.99, it was a Cuisinart product...so happy to find that bargain...ok, I will stop rambling...but the talk of shopping and malls is always a great topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I made a trip to Southpoint Mall today after learning they had a place that offered chair massages. Boy am I glad I finally went there! The chair massages were great, but even more impressive was the Southpoint Mall itself. What a great place! This is by far one of the best malls I have ever been too. It had just about every retail store I could want and I absolutely loved the outside “main street” area. Now I know what Triangle Town Center was trying to accomplish, but it seems to me like South Point hit the nail on the head with their outdoor section. It was jumping with activity, people eating at outdoor bistro tables, nice fountains and outdoor entertainment (saw a juggler and a guy playing the guitar/harmonica). There is a great collection of shops and restaurants out on the main street section. I really like how the movie theater is right there so you can walk over after grabbing a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants. My wife loved the urban outfitters store. The place had a great vibe. All in all I think South Point is the best Mall in the Triangle Area. I like Crabtree and Triangle Town Center too, but I think Southpoint Mall is my new favorite.

FYI, From where I Live in N. Raleigh (I-540 @ Falls of Neuse Road Exit) it took exactly 24 minutes to make the easy drive over to the mall on a Sunday Afternoon. The trip was a breeze!

Old 05-20-2007, 05:13 PM

203 posts, read 162,964 times
Southpoint has really changed things around here. That is one of the big reasons why I chose this area to buy a house. Wait until you see what happens to the housing prices around here. Up, up and away.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:17 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
North Raleigh Guy,

How did you get Triangle Area Explorer under your name instead of Member and Senior Member?
It is a new feature offered by city data. Certain senior members now how the option of creating a custom user title. To have access to this option, I think you need to have a reputation rating of at least 100 and at least 200 posts. Not sure how they came up with that criteria, but you can read more about it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
I find myself also at the HomeGoods as well...got a great buy there last Tuesday night...same item in Macy's was $49.99; purchased in HomeGoods for $19.99, it was a Cuisinart product...so happy to find that bargain...ok, I will stop rambling...but the talk of shopping and malls is always a great topic...
I hear you on that one. We bought a rug a t Home Goods for $150 that we saw in a fancy rug store listed at $299. Home Goods is a great place. World market is a favorite of hours too. That is another plus at SouthPoint. Great place all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpoint View Post
Southpoint has really changed things around here. That is one of the big reasons why I chose this area to buy a house. Wait until you see what happens to the housing prices around here. Up, up and away.
I bet, I am really warming up to that area. I might be a great option for my wife and I one day, but I fear we are already priced out for the most part. Hopefully my earning potential will grow in a few years and keep pace with that area!

Old 05-20-2007, 05:23 PM

203 posts, read 162,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I bet, I am really warming up to that area. I might be a great option for my wife and I one day, but I fear we are already priced out for the most part. Hopefully my earning potential will grow in a few years and keep pace with that area!
I am eyeing the area 1 to 3 miles south of Southpoint. Lot's of land and I am sure they will build it out. I like that access to Southpoint and to the new areas in Apex. Best of both worlds. However, if the build all expensive homes, I too will be on the outside looking in.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:55 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,756,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpoint View Post
I am eyeing the area 1 to 3 miles south of Southpoint. Lot's of land and I am sure they will build it out. I like that access to Southpoint and to the new areas in Apex. Best of both worlds. However, if the build all expensive homes, I too will be on the outside looking in.
Hey my new house is South of Southpoint! I really think we are going to be happy there. It's in an existing sd that is already developed out.

There is still undeveloped land in that area but I was told that some of the land is in the flood zone of Jordan Lake and some is actually part of Jordan Lake Parks Land or something like that. So developing it will be harder. Emphasizes on "some land" and "harder"... not impossible.

I noticed that my new street deadends to a forest. I pulled up the gis info before making an offer. It's right against 3 prime parcels of undeveloped land that is ripe for development. And I'm sure if someone makes those 3 owners a good offer then there will be a new sd beside mine. So maybe there will be a new home in there for Southpoint and NRG! That is if you guys could stand being my neighbor.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:45 PM

56 posts, read 333,544 times
Default like 3 malls in one

on back roads Southpoint is under 10 minutes from Cary Park. It is a super place to spend an afternoon both indoors and out.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:56 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,637 times
How long does it take to get from Chapel Hill to the Southpoint Mall? Are there back roads I will be able to take?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary