Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2007, 09:02 PM

374 posts, read 1,598,829 times

Advertisements

The school secretary said just to wait until w move so i can come in person and sign some forms. I asked her if i could get them faxed so i can get this out of the way befoe the move and she told me No. She said the forms cant leave the school bldg or something, but i find that hard to beleive. I hate waiting until the last minute to find out wht track we are on!

Has anyone registered their kids before the move??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 09:23 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
I don't know where you are moving, but in Wake County, you must physically reside here before you can register and you have to physically go to the school to do it. You can't do it ahead of time. I think you have to bring with you a rental agreement or home deed in your name plus a utility bill in your name with a corresponding address.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:40 PM

850 posts, read 3,626,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I don't know where you are moving, but in Wake County, you must physically reside here before you can register and you have to physically go to the school to do it.
The same in Johnston County. I called about doing it ahead and they said no and to just come in and register when we get moved in. You need to bring proof of residence in the district, driver's license (to show you are the parent of the child you are registering), vax records, and I think that's it.

It's not really one of those things you need to worry about. It took a few minutes and my son sarted the next day.
Lauren

Old 05-21-2007, 06:00 AM

68 posts, read 272,379 times
We are planning on registering our daughter this week. We are going down on wed. and thurs. to see the progress of our house. I called the school and they said to bring your contract, along with birth cert., prior school records and immunizations. We are not moving in until July 9. I'll let you know what happens this week.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:03 AM

81 posts, read 301,413 times
Default I did it

We are currently building a house and I was able to register the kids on one of our trips out to NC. I just showed them birth cert., immunization records, and the sales contract for the house. I don't know about doing it via mail...

Good luck!!

Old 05-21-2007, 06:20 AM

214 posts, read 702,002 times
Our former school wouldn't release the records directly to me- I had to wait until I registered them then they sent the records directly to the school. For my middle schooler in Johnston County, I also needed a copy of the final report card to help them with placement/classes.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:26 AM

374 posts, read 1,598,829 times
ok thanks yall. I wont worry about it then!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary