Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 03:05 PM

282 posts, read 820,238 times

Advertisements

BrierCreek is directly in the flight path, Cary is much larger and most of it is not. I've noticed I can't spend time outside in BrierCreek. Luckily I only go there to shop and eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 03:17 PM

43,269 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyzbo View Post
BrierCreek is directly in the flight path, Cary is much larger and most of it is not. I've noticed I can't spend time outside in BrierCreek. Luckily I only go there to shop and eat.
I believe the map shows most of the residential area in Brier Creek to be outside even the noise disclosure area:
http://www.rduaircraftnoise.com/noiseinfo/Composite_Noise_Contours_11x17.pdf (broken link)

Old 12-28-2009, 03:56 PM

15 posts, read 56,671 times
I have lived in The Carrington Apartments at Brier creek for the last 2.5 years. I love it. Being 30 something it is very close to all the shopping and restaurants that you could want. Most of the people in this area seem to be very active and on the younger side. Cary is nice as well but if you are looking for all in one area then Brier Creek is it. I have two very good friends that live in different areas of Brier Creek and none of us have any complaints with regard to noise.(airplane traffic)

Old 12-28-2009, 04:03 PM

376 posts, read 1,062,185 times
You'd think briar creek would have airport noise, but it doesn't. If you're single, go for briar creek over Cary, which is very family oriented.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:14 PM

29 posts, read 44,757 times
Brier Creek does have airplane noise. I hear it all the time. It is not as loud as places in Morrisville, but it is there. It doesn't matter if it is in or out of a notification zone if you can hear it loud and clear. It doesn't bother everyone.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:16 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,238,608 times
Brier Creek is NOT in the direct flight plan. Parts of Cary (especially around Preston) are.

Vicki

Old 12-29-2009, 10:55 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,102,359 times
Preston sure as &^%^$# is! We were there for a swim meet last year and I swear I thought a plane was going to land directly in the pool. It was super creepy to watch! Brier Creek is close to the airport, but not in a direct flight path.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:15 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,342,397 times
I lived near Brier Creek, walked dogs in Brier Creek daily, and shopped/ate there at least twice a week and the plane noise was not that bad. There is some, but they are usually pretty high around there so it's not that loud, and there just aren't that many flying over. I'm very sensitive to noise and didn't find it that bad.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:29 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,933,782 times
While not currently an issue, and perhaps not one for the foreseeable future, RDU does have a third runway on its plans that would be closer to Brier Creek.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:42 AM

494 posts, read 1,388,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicFlightAttendant View Post
What are some of the major differences between Cary, NC and Brier Creek Area? (anything you can think of, this is a freebie for all to answer). Roomate and I are kinda stuck between the two areas. We are going to do an apartment first.
My two cents.Brier creek is a shopping plaza surrounded by highways,which to me would get old in about six months,only so many times you can go to home goods.Cary is a city,with the shopping,restaurants you want,but also,with parks,and other things to do.Too say Cary is only for families is rediculous.I can't even believe we talk about brier creek like it's an actuall town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary