Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:51 AM

43,509 posts, read 77,510,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
While not currently an issue, and perhaps not one for the foreseeable future, RDU does have a third runway on its plans that would be closer to Brier Creek.
Is RDU also not developing software for flight control to allow simultaneous approaches on all runways?
Or is that old news? I heard it a few years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 10:02 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,168,287 times
i like brier creek, though i would like to live in the RBC Plaza condos if I really had my pick...
there's no airport noise here.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:07 AM

170 posts, read 776,401 times
Thanks everyone.

Also, I think we all get the point now when it comes to the airport noise (if it exist or not) . Again, everyone has been very helpful. I am most sure all of the comments posted will not only help my roomate and I but people who are also looking to relocate in the very near future. You guys have been a wealth of knowledge.

Again thanks.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:24 AM

3,323 posts, read 8,588,621 times
I think if you look at the whole area of NW Raleigh within a few miles of Brier Creek, you will find few differences from most of Cary. The difference is that NW Raleigh is just a section of a much bigger city, where as Cary (while growing rapidly), still is a town. Both areas are similarly suburban with roughly the same per capita income, demographics, etc.

I think comparing Brier Creek to Cary is kind of silly, since one is a huge town geographically and the other is a shopping plaza. Comparing NW Raleigh to parts of Cary makes more sense. NW Raleigh has parks, lakes, community centers, etc.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:38 AM

7 posts, read 44,440 times
We live at the west end of the Brier Creek Parkway. We're maybe about 5 minutes away from RDU and I do see planes, but I don't hear them. We're in our 30's. I can't comment about how it is for kids since we don't have any. We do see a lot of young couples with kids around here.

We love the close proximity to the shops, grocery, many restaurants, etc. Really convenient when I need to run out for something. Traffic doesn't seem to be so bad, but I guess that will depend on where you work.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:45 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,257,138 times
I think the OP should look at North Hills in midtown Raleigh. I think it's going to be much more walkable than Brier Creek and much closer to nightlife than Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary