U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2007, 01:58 PM

11 posts, read 47,212 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My family and I are thinkng of moving to the area and will be looking at houses next weekend, What areas are the best to raise children it ?:
Good schools, Low crime and a great neighborhood .....I heard durham is nice....it can be a subdivision, but I prefer older ones with steady owners, not rentals.....any help is appreciated.....max of 200,000.00
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 02:19 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,706,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siresse View Post
Hello,

My family and I are thinkng of moving to the area and will be looking at houses next weekend, What areas are the best to raise children it ?:
Good schools, Low crime and a great neighborhood .....I heard durham is nice....it can be a subdivision, but I prefer older ones with steady owners, not rentals.....any help is appreciated.....max of 200,000.00
Johnston County.
I would do your research on school grades on go from there.
You can easily find a house in that price range in a good area.
Good luck!

Old 05-21-2007, 03:05 PM

548 posts, read 2,536,237 times
There are lots of places in this area which fit that bill, so looking around to see what you like, etc.

Cary, Chapel Hill, Raleigh, N. Raleigh, most of Durham, Hillsborough...I'm sure there are others too. They all have different "flavors".

I guess the place I'd start is where you would be working.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:10 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,432,356 times
For that price range, and already having Durham in mind, I'd look in Northwest Durham. There are a bunch of older neighborhoods where you should be able to find something in your price range all around Riverside HS.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:12 PM

9,760 posts, read 28,737,750 times
Quote:
I guess the place I'd start is where you would be working.
I agree. The Triangle is a large area with many great places to live, but you would do well not to limit yourself until you have a good idea where you most likely would be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siresse View Post
Good schools, Low crime and a great neighborhood .....I heard durham is nice....
Sounds like you have been talking to people with good insight. Durham, Raleigh, N. Raleigh, Wake Forest, Cary, Fuquay, Holly Springs, Clayton, Knightdale, Chapel Hill, and Hillsborough are all good possibilites although some are more expensive than others (ie Chapel Hill & Cary). But a good place to start again is with where you will be working and go from there. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary