Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 03:11 PM

460 posts, read 2,421,907 times

Advertisements

If I had a 1.2 million dollar house I would get a Gagneau or something far more expensive than a Wolf. Also I would eat out more often, LOL!
Lots of people put serious ranges and ovens in their homes that are not million dollar homes. Sears also now has a professional line that is made by Dacor. The appliances are always nice to see like RaleighNativegirl said at certain price points. Nothing steams my broccoli more than seeing a home that has every upgrade and some 100.00 range. My realtor and I call it, "going cheap on the kitchen".
Kitchens sell homes, Money magazine talks about it in the May issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 03:40 PM

141 posts, read 675,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighNativeGirl View Post
I'll give my 2 cents worth - it depends on the price point of your house. At each level, there are some expectations of what kind of appliances the kitchen will have.

For example - to go several steps higher: If I could buy a 1.2+ million dollar house, then I would expect a 6 burner, gas Wolf range, Sub Zero refridgeration configeration of some kind and perhaps 2 dishwashers if I entertained a lot.
You'd be surprised. My mom's house in Florida was a bit more than $1.2, but the standard appliances were all GE Profile, with an electric range (which my mom didn't want to upgrade since in her last place she had a gas stove with a tempered glass top that exploded). She upgraded the refrigerator to a SubZero, and the builder of course charged a lot for the upfit. All-in-all, I'd say the appliances were poor choices for the price of the house. In our old place, we had Gaggenau stuff, which was great, and not a substantial price increase over the GE Profile I don't think.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:46 PM

46 posts, read 132,094 times
If interested: We purchased a good model front loading washer at Home Depot when they had a clearance sale on many different appliances. The model had a couple of "bruises" on it and could not sell for top dollar. We hit it just right.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:50 PM

Don't you love the front loaders I have an h4 washer and dryer.
Laundry is a joy now. We are hoping to sell the ones we have here with the house but if not I am going to sell them on Craigs list and buy new ones when I get there.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:35 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,218,138 times
I hear ya-my front loading washer (and regular dryer) is the only appliance I am taking to NC, when we finally get there! My old appliances went with the house we sold in 2005 (we're renting while awaiting job transfers) and I had to buy a new washer for the rental-I have a Kenmore HE3. No way am I giving that up!

For the OP-I don't have a good answer, because for me, I want what 'I' want when we finally buy so will likely replace whatever is there anyhow. However...the lady who bought my aforementioned house wanted ALL the appliances-all used, even wanted the window ac-so I guess some folks do consider the stuff that is already there.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:57 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
moesgirl -

my hubby helped design and engineer some of the GE line that has hit the market in last couple of years - I sent you a pm.

Old 05-26-2007, 11:00 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,864,425 times
any thoughts on how GE / Kenmore compare to the new models from LG and Samsung? I never even knew that Korea was big on Laundry Appliances until we were in Sears the other day and saw that LG was the most expensive models they had with extra features such as steam cleaning

Old 05-28-2007, 01:49 AM

I subscribe to consumer reports online. They say different things about LG. I bought the h4s then again I am a Kenmore girl. I buy kenmore everything. I lke dealing with Sears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary