Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 01:28 PM

192 posts, read 617,891 times

Advertisements

this is a weird post, i'm sure, though i figured i would post it anyway and see if anyone is really interested. ive been doing research on getting breast implants, and a friend of mine just moved to bangkok, thailand a couple months ago and everything is so much cheaper, food, clothing, cost of living, and plastic surgery! i was a little hesitant at first to get plastic surgery in a foreign country, especially with the "you get what you pay for" mentality, though after going on several forums to get imput from foreigners traveling to Thailand for breast augmentation and other surgeries, they all have had positive experiences and would do it all over again. I've looked online at prices and breast augmentation is $2,000-2,500 on avg, including medication, hospital stay, and meals during the time of stay. If you were looking to get a different form of cosmetic surgery, obviously the rates are different, but far cheaper than here in the states. I'm looking to fly in March and would love to take this trip with someone so we can be mutual support for each other. I'm 23 years old and have never had plastic surgery, or even been out of the country before, so it would be great to have someone with me there going thru the same thing. If you're really interested, send me an e-mail. Even if youre not looking to get any plastic surgery but want to go on the trip anyway, that's cool too. I'm outgoing, laid back, easy to get along with.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:30 PM

324 posts, read 862,699 times
don't do it...

Old 01-03-2010, 01:51 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
I know someone who had it done in a small town here in NC, and the price was very reasonable, and they did an excellent job. I think the entire procedure was $3K.

Don't go to Thailand for that!

If you want the name of the doctor, DM me, and I'll try to get the name and contact info from my friend in the next few days.

(If you were going for major surgery that costs tens of thousands of dollars here, I know that you can save by going to India or other countries, and the standards are very high, but it sure is NOT worth it for breast augmentation.)

Old 01-03-2010, 01:55 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
Medical tourism is a huge new market! I've done some work locally with a very legitimate medical management business who do surgeries in India and I am very impressed. I would absolutely consider it, but would prefer it be with a real medical tourism company in the US who contracts with legitimate surgeons and accredited hospitals in other countries versus just popping over to Thailand on my own to go under the knife!
I think it's a VERY good idea to find someone here to go with you! Do you have any family that would consider just going with you to be your advocate?

Old 01-03-2010, 02:14 PM

17 posts, read 42,185 times
If your going to Bumrungad Hospital in Bangkok I would say Go For It. I used to live in Thailand and this is a world class hospital with very high standards. I have been there a few times for Physicals etc. and know many people who have been there for different procedures. PM if you need any other info. I will be in Thailand in February if you can go early.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:15 PM

i didnt post this for people to talk me out of it. i posted this to see if anyone else wanted to come. also not looking to get something done in the states and spend 6500-8000 when i can get the same results i can get in another country for 1/3 the cost.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:45 PM

446 posts, read 1,394,500 times
roll the dice baby......

Old 01-03-2010, 05:21 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,028,326 times
Once you add in airfare, is it really much cheaper than doing it in the US?

Old 01-03-2010, 05:34 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefmb View Post
If your going to Bumrungad Hospital in Bangkok I would say Go For It. I used to live in Thailand and this is a world class hospital with very high standards. I have been there a few times for Physicals etc. and know many people who have been there for different procedures. PM if you need any other info. I will be in Thailand in February if you can go early.
I agree 100%.
I had a fatty tumor removed there for $35.
Tooth implants run around $150.
The price of medicine here is obscene.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Once you add in airfare, is it really much cheaper than doing it in the US?
yes. still MUCH cheaper. i can get a roundtrip flight for 800 or less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary