Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 05:36 PM

16 posts, read 51,732 times

Advertisements

We are thinking about getting a hot tub, as we have always had one in the past before we moved to NC. Can anyone recommend a well-established place that sells hot tubs in the Triangle?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 06:20 PM

441 posts, read 1,288,209 times
Purchased are's at Atlantic, no issues, they delivered it on time. Told them we did not want a BMW just a good Chevy and they fit one to are budget and its great. You don't need 200 plus jets.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:49 AM

513 posts, read 1,601,069 times
ebay....i have purchased 3 off ebay from companies in VA and TN

Old 01-04-2010, 08:19 AM

357 posts, read 1,378,558 times
Rising Sun Pools & Spas

Old 01-04-2010, 12:50 PM

174 posts, read 406,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursenessie View Post
We are thinking about getting a hot tub...Can anyone recommend...
I did a ton of research before buying ours in Raleigh 2 years ago, and since you are an experienced buyer, I guess you already know the punch line in the tub-buying joke; it matters a whole lot less which tub you buy than which service dept and warranty you buy. I talked to many people selling used tubs, the local Triangle companies who repair tubs; all the local companies selling tubs, many independent review sites on tubs, and I searched "tub based" chat boards, until I was sick of the subject, and what I found was this: 1) there are many small companies in the "tub business"; and in short periods of time many of them will go out of business (along with their warranty coverage); 2) while there are differences in build quality of tubs, ALL TUBS are subject to having problems (I saw many "high end" $10K+ tubs for sale used with repair histories as long as your arm); 3) you DO NOT want to find yourself in a situation where you buy a tub and then have problems with it and end up paying "out of pocket" to have it fixed; (it will cost you a fortune and you will end up selling the tub, which you will loose your a55 on; tub resale is a joke).

I am a "high end buyer" (by which I mean I like to have the best I can afford in the things I buy and if that means I buy used to get better quality, then fine); and much to my surprise, I ended up buying a new "standard" tub (NOT an ultra-high-end product/manufacturer) from the oldest and biggest company in the business with a transferable 10 year warranty. In my opinion, with all the product and company failures that exist in the "tub market", that made more sense than any other option. I concluded that the bottom line on buying a tub was buy one that suits your physical needs (what jets and where; size, depth,. colors, etc.) BUT most importantly buy one from a "substantial" company with a warranty that is as long as you think you will need it; and personally I believe that 10 years is a good number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary