Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 05:37 PM

346 posts, read 613,037 times

Advertisements

I have been here all of 3 weeks now and I am appalled by how much dumping of garbage I see along back country roads and even arond the Raleigh area. Three days ago while driving on New bern Ave towards Knightdale...in the median there is a huge pile of garbage someone just dumped there...its been scattered about by the winds but no one has come to clean it up...also while driving around some neighborhoods that have lakes/ponds,the shorelines are just littered...What gives?.. I know you all dont like comparisons to other places but I do believe people in NJ are more respectful of putting garbage in its proper place...Not only that but a few weeks back in a thread about what people do to get rid of their leaves,one respondant said he burns them along with his used motor oil...are folks that backwards here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 05:40 PM

101 posts, read 357,251 times
There is lots more litter here in NC than anywhere in the northeast. Don't know why, I live in Davidson County and it's free for residents to take your trash to the transfer station. Someone told me it's worse in the winter, because they don't have the convict work crews picking it up in the cold weather.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:42 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times
First off, good luck with this post.
Secondly, NJ is far from the garbage state. I take it that you have been to Newark or the seediest areas of NJ.
When you start off a post with an idiotic statement, it is impossible to take your post seriously.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:45 PM

101 posts, read 357,251 times
I find that most natives NC don't like comparisons with the northern states (but most of them have never been anywhere else).

Old 01-04-2010, 05:50 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
As a native to the area, I can say that roadside trash and littering seems to have become worse in the last few years. I really don't remember ever seeing so much trash lying around in the past. I'm not sure who is to blame: whether there is really more litter just because there are more people or whether the cities/towns are uanble to keep up due to budget cuts...I don't know the answer. The New Bern Avenue area is not the cleanest are in town though!
If you see an area where trash seems to have been literally dumped, I'd call the city and report it. Perhaps someone will be sent to clean it up. It is frustrating!

Old 01-04-2010, 05:55 PM

271 posts, read 700,803 times
I thought NJ was the Swamp State!?

Old 01-04-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Secondly, NJ is far from the garbage state. I take it that you have been to Newark or the seediest areas of NJ.
When you start off a post with an idiotic statement, it is impossible to take your post seriously.
Oh yeah this is really a laughing matter
Camden is the worst city in NJ and I have been there...in general though outside of the major metropolitan areas NJ is alot cleaner than one would think...and i spent a good 35 yrs living in NJ...idiotic? Thats a matter of opion ofc Just yesterday I went to look at a neighborhood in Wendell and three of the properties in there were virtually junkyards...total disregard for themselves their neighbors or the environment. Another area that was undeveloped but selling lots for homes had someone dumping a refridgerator and other kitchen appliances...driving along country roads you can see where people have dumped all sorts of crap in the woods....

Old 01-04-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycinnc View Post
i thought nj was the swamp state!?
lol

Old 01-04-2010, 06:13 PM

292 posts, read 820,097 times
Here we go...

Wait for it....

Old 01-04-2010, 06:13 PM

192 posts, read 617,794 times
Quote:
well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary