Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 PM

34 posts, read 84,776 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I just wanted to thank those who offered guidance in our decision to relocate to the area last summer--especially those who PM'ed me with 'insider information' regarding certain subdivisions and builders. Boy, talk about dodging bullets!

We decided to build in Amberly (Cary, NC) with Rice Builders, and I couldn't be more pleased with this decision. Dennis Rice is absolutely a delight to work with--he builds an amazing home, is very active in the process (visiting the job site 2-3 times per day), has very high standards, and best of all is simply 'trustworthy' through and through. You know that you're in solid hands with Dennis, which provides an unbelievable amount of comfort. He's makes himself available and responds quickly and fairly to all questions.

Our home will have so much more than what we would have had, both in quality (exotic granite countertops throughout the house (all bathrooms!), built in speakers throughout, central vac, wet bar, wine pantry, huge walk-in pantry, energy star, etc.) and size (+500 sq. ft), had we built in the other subdivision we were considering (Weycroft), and for more than 100k less!! Plus, Amberly has the BEST community center in the area, and the neighborhood is really designed to create community--which is very nice for us transplants. There are no obvious uncertainties with the developer, and the homeowners are quite pleased with how they've been treated (AFTER the SALE!). The lots are smaller, sure, but the quality and size of the home that we are getting for the money could not have been beat anywhere else in the area, and it's my belief by any other builder. Dennis Rice is simply a gem of guy and an amazing builder. If you'd like to know more, PM me, we couldn't be more pleased. Our home will be finished early June.

Thanks again for all of your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 04:57 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times
Congrats on your new home.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:37 PM

62 posts, read 204,187 times
Congrats 30flygirl. I remember your posts from last summer since we were looking in the same area. I sent you a PM.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:53 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,694,803 times
Question, are you in Wake county or Chatham county?

Old 01-17-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
Question, are you in Wake county or Chatham county?

We'll be in Wake County...

Old 01-17-2010, 08:46 PM

99 posts, read 378,033 times
How much is the Sq. ft & the price range?

Old 01-18-2010, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitsOfMisses View Post
How much is the Sq. ft & the price range?
It really varies--they are listed for $135-$148 per sq. ft as of late, with a range of $400-$500.

Our house will end up being around $139 per sq. ft., just a tad over 4000 sq. ft., and as I mentioned it's 'fully loaded' (including the above noted items plus outdoor landscape/house lighting, full travertine master with heated floors, rain shower, frameless door, and marble countertops, whirlpool duet steam washer and dryer, murphy bed, etc.--a lot of 'extras' that typically wouldn't be included so the price per square foot could/should be much lower than $139--also, we're on one of the 'larger lots' so we should have about 20 feet apart from each of our side neighbors. If you're considering building, definitely give Dennis Rice a shot at being your builder--he's terrific and you'll get the most bang for your buck, oh and did I mention he's trustworthy?!

Old 01-18-2010, 08:09 AM

6 posts, read 15,815 times
What section of Amberly does this come under?

Old 01-18-2010, 08:30 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird27 View Post
Rice has several lots in Village Square in Amberly.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird27 View Post
Villiage Square...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary