Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:53 PM

229 posts, read 700,903 times

Advertisements

Over the last two years I've posted here in the forum a few times to gather information about the area, and get some help in planning a scouting trip or two. After our last trip to the area, my wife and I were sold and have decided to leave CA and head to NC.

We're planning on moving in mid-Feb and have a six month lease lined up for a lakefront apartment at Weston Lakeside. I'm hoping that within those six months we'll gain enough insight into the surrounding areas to figure out where we'd like to buy something. Needless say we're super excited about the move, and thanks to everyone who's provided information in the past!

Now all I have to do is figure out how to train myself to not drive like a Californian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 05:36 PM

43,015 posts, read 76,500,303 times
"How not to drive like a Californian..."

Buy an old pickup truck. Preferably with a spare part or two hanging off.

Get a dog.

Put dog on seat.

Talk to dog as you drive.

Drive down center of rural roads, oblivious to the traffic, oncoming or behind you. (Heck, those folks worry too much about being in a hurry.)

Training video in development.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:52 PM

494 posts, read 1,383,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz80 View Post
Over the last two years I've posted here in the forum a few times to gather information about the area, and get some help in planning a scouting trip or two. After our last trip to the area, my wife and I were sold and have decided to leave CA and head to NC.

We're planning on moving in mid-Feb and have a six month lease lined up for a lakefront apartment at Weston Lakeside. I'm hoping that within those six months we'll gain enough insight into the surrounding areas to figure out where we'd like to buy something. Needless say we're super excited about the move, and thanks to everyone who's provided information in the past!

Now all I have to do is figure out how to train myself to not drive like a Californian.
And please,don't listen to anyone that tells you to ,A)change your accent.b)speak softer.c)accept everything.As I'm sure you know that would be rediculous if it were the other way around,and a southern person were moving to Cali.Although the three conditions may only apply to NY & NJ.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:10 PM

229 posts, read 700,903 times
At least nobody can call me a Yankee...I'm a frontiersman LOL.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:14 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,482,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"How not to drive like a Californian..."

Buy an old pickup truck. Preferably with a spare part or two hanging off.

Get a dog.

Put dog on seat.

Talk to dog as you drive.

Drive down center of rural roads, oblivious to the traffic, oncoming or behind you. (Heck, those folks worry too much about being in a hurry.)

Training video in development.
Is it still like that there?? I thought the Triangle had advanced! Sounds like parts of Upstate SC!

Old 01-19-2010, 06:30 PM

441 posts, read 1,287,614 times
Don't forget to leave the trail gate open.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:41 PM

5,728 posts, read 17,530,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz80 View Post
We're planning on moving in mid-Feb and have a six month lease lined up for a lakefront apartment at Weston Lakeside. I'm hoping that within those six months we'll gain enough insight into the surrounding areas to figure out where we'd like to buy something
FINALLY! Someone who takes our advice!

Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,130,683 times
I had clients that stayed in Weston Lakeside and they are beautiful! Nice area. Convenient location.

Vicki

Old 01-19-2010, 07:27 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,041,614 times
Congrats on your move and your job!

Here is a link to the "Triangle Survival Guide" -- it may help in your transformation into an NCer.
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...val-guide.html

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 01-19-2010 at 08:21 PM..

Old 01-19-2010, 08:06 PM

43,015 posts, read 76,500,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Is it still like that there?? I thought the Triangle had advanced! Sounds like parts of Upstate SC!
Well, I was thinking about Western and Central Pennsylvania when I wrote it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary