U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2007, 02:07 PM

142 posts, read 493,351 times

Advertisements

this may sound really naive, and I apologize, but do you have the same environmental allergies in NC as in New England? My husband suffers from the usual - ragweed, hayfever, pollen, etc. With a milder climate, do you have the same down there?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 03:53 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad77 View Post
this may sound really naive, and I apologize, but do you have the same environmental allergies in NC as in New England? My husband suffers from the usual - ragweed, hayfever, pollen, etc. With a milder climate, do you have the same down there?
Yes, allergies are bad down here for many folks. We have tons of pollen. (I just changed my a/c filter...it was yellow and I changed it not too long ago!) Some report their allergies disappear because what was ever bothering them isn't around anymore.

For others, it's even worse. My husband's allergies for example are 100 times worse while mine are the same (mild).

Old 05-26-2007, 04:38 PM

250 posts, read 1,191,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Some report their allergies disappear because what was ever bothering them isn't around anymore.

For others, it's even worse. My husband's allergies for example are 100 times worse while mine are the same (mild).
I completely agree with this comment. For some they seem to get better. For others it seems to get worse.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:21 PM

142 posts, read 493,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cary_nc View Post
I completely agree with this comment. For some they seem to get better. For others it seems to get worse.
well, hopefully my hubby's won't get worse, and my kids and I won't develop them!

Old 05-28-2007, 07:05 PM

959 posts, read 4,303,779 times
My husband forgot he had allergies in Northern Virginia, while in central Virginia they were moderate. Here they're severe, which he was expecting as he used to live in Cary. Unfortunately, one of his allergies is to pine pollen

Old 05-28-2007, 07:09 PM

850 posts, read 3,484,454 times
I had fairly moderate ragwood (Fall) allergies in NJ. They disappeared here but I am reacting for a short period in the spring now when the pollen first hits ....about 2 weeks.

Lauren

Old 05-28-2007, 07:11 PM

997 posts, read 4,424,913 times
I guess everybody feels the same. Mine are much better down here while my husbands are much worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary