Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 02:39 PM

7 posts, read 10,694 times

Advertisements

It really depends on what size lot you are looking for. Highcroft and Amberly both have extremely small lots. Some other neighborhoods you may want to consider are Cary Park, Weycroft(although they don't have a community pool as they share Cameron Pond's pool), Carpenter Village, Greystone, Southbridge,The Reserve, Highland Oaks and Weston Estates.

We live in a neighborhood that is very nice but the homes are starting about $700,000. The nice thing is the lot sizes are close to an acre, which is rare in Cary.

Best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 03:39 PM

644 posts, read 1,497,439 times
Chapel hill... That is my choice, no Wake Cty Schools and only a 20 min drive to Cary.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:19 PM

39 posts, read 85,706 times
Im only 15, but I tell you that hoping you won't just disreguard this whole message. I have lived in Cary ever since I was 1. I have lived in Preston since 1997. It is a VERY nice neighborhood, I have a ton of people my age here and we all enjoy doing stuff together all the time. All the parents are also very close considering most of us have lived here 12-14 years. On the flip side, Preston is expensive. Just a pool membership is very hard to get, and extremely expensive. If I were you I would consider Cary Park or Amberly. My parents just got divorced a couple years ago and my mom moved to Cary Park. It's a really nice area and has a walking trail around the lake, and a nice pool / pool house. Amberly is also really nice. It has a huge pool with a nice slide, and it has a cool kiddy pool. The lots in amberly are typically smaller than in Cary Park, but I like the houses better in Amberly. The Amberly club house is also extremely nice. It has an indoor basketball court, party rooms for kids, and multiple other amenities. I hope this helped : ) Good luck!

Old 04-13-2010, 12:43 PM

12 posts, read 28,116 times
I was excited about this info that Greystone Estate will start new phase soon. However, just called their office and the answer was no, the new phase in GS won't be open in at least one year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitsOfMisses View Post
I would not recommend Highcroft (not High. Village) or HF due to 540.

Highcroft Village has better/ custom homes compared to Greystone Estate (M/I=Trac). However, the lot size at HV (.15) is way smaller than the Estates (.30). In Estate, you can have 3 car garage. Though, there are only a few opportunities left in the current phase, both are planning to start the next phase in the next few weeks/months.

It's a tough call & all depends on what are you looking for.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:55 PM

33 posts, read 247,763 times
I would recommend Hilliard Forest. The lot sizes are great, the subdivision is loaded with children-lots with your kids same ages and you can get a very nice open floor plan with Ryan. Ryan takes about 4 months from point of signing a contract until your house is done. Love the location and Highcroft is an excellent year round school option. Pool will be coming when 100 homes have been built. There are several current homeowners that also belong to Preston CC and they enjoy it. Please let me know if you have any other questions about the subdivision. I would be more than happy to answer them. Good luck. It's a tough decision because of all the wonderful choices in this area!

Old 01-22-2011, 10:00 PM

3 posts, read 7,531 times
do u think the new highway would cause a lot of noise for "Hillard Forest"?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:14 PM

43,015 posts, read 76,510,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jianjun1898 View Post
You should be able to be about 1500' + away from 540.
You would expect to hear some drone in the background, but it is a subjective matter. It is up to you what level of sound you would consider "a lot of noise"

Old 01-24-2011, 06:07 PM

128 posts, read 281,842 times
some of the homes on the east side of Hilliard Forest are no more than 500 feet from where NC540 is being constructed and could be noisy. I drove past there earlier today and was surprized how close the highway will be. Best to get a Lot on the Green Level Church Road end of the development, then you will be 1500 feet away as the previous poster mentions and even then there will be the drone of traffic noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jianjun1898 View Post

Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 PM

18 posts, read 54,944 times
You might look at Horton's Creek And Weycroft as other options. Both are new construction and I've seen some resales pop up recently of homes that are less than a year old in these areas. Both areas are right off Greenlevel Church Rd in Cary near Amberly. I also like Highcroft village as well but you have to be ok with the postage stamp sized lots. Hope that helps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary