Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 01:09 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,719,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoooHooo! View Post
I just landed a job in N. Raleigh (Creedmoor Rd., just south of 540)
Wow, practically walking distance from me. Care to share where you'll be working?

The Apartments of Stonehenge are a mile away from my new office, and have a 1-BR at $599 for 6 months. Can anyone give me feedback on Stonehenge, or have any other suggestions for good short-term apts, ideally for under $700 or so?
[/quote]

The whole Stonehenge neighborhood is nice, as well as central, and Creedmoor Rd is a good "corridor" to get places without being as snarled and congested as many of the other such "arteries". I can't speak fo the apartments themselves but I'd be surprised if they aren't just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 02:37 PM

79 posts, read 142,436 times
Many thanks for all your friendly & helpful responses - very cool of you and much appreciated!

My wife and I had a change of heart, and think we need to get the rest of my family down to Raleigh ASAP. So...... we're looking into 2BR places right off the bat. Stonehenge still seems to have some pretty good deals in the mid-$800's, so I think we're heading down that path unless anyone has advice for a 2BR place we should really check out to compare.

I'm going to be working for one of the area's largest, local web development/web design companies. I'm not sure if posting names is okay here, but would be happy to share via PM....

Thanks again for all the good advice!

Old 02-04-2010, 03:52 PM

79 posts, read 142,436 times
Hi all, before we take the plunge with Stonehenge, I just got an email from my soon-to-be co-worker with a recommendation for a reasonable 2-BR ($750 for 6 mos) at Inman Park Apts. [SIZE=2]http://www.inmanparkapartments.com They look great on the site, but you never know the real deal from online.... Does anyone have anyone have any experience/thoughts with Inman Park?

Thanks!
[/SIZE]

Old 02-14-2010, 06:21 PM

21 posts, read 49,108 times
I would suggest locating online reviews about apts as well. They all look great in the book or online but if you see that most of the ppl had issues.....it's good to know. Stonehenge apts actually has very good ratings compared to most of the apts. You will find that Mayfaire, as someone mentioned earlier, has higher ratings. I do not live in Raleigh but visited a month ago looking at apartments. After MUCH research....I had a decent list. Both Mayfaire and Stonehenge apts were on my list. Mayfaire is smaller, seems quiet...I believe you can walk to a Food Lion (walking distance to a supermarket is a preference for me) . The only 2 bdrm apt was one being fixed over probably from a recent move. I found the apt to be not tiny but a little small. Some ppl have said the kitchen is old looking??? Stonehenge was nice....very very close to a shopping center. 2 min walk. Spacious layout....woody settings. I will be moving to Raleigh also btw. Lead Mine has good test scores (check out on wcpss.net as well as other schools academic performance. I believe that Lynn Road Elem however is the zoned school. That's what the staff Stonehenge told me. There are sites that have parent reviews on schools too.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:14 PM

206 posts, read 744,602 times
Just a friendly suggestion-with 3 kids go for the 3 bedroom if you can afford the extra dollars. We are in a 3 bedroom right now while we are building(just couldn't find what we were looking for) and it has gotten small rather quickly. Especially if you are used to a house. My husband talked me into the 3 bedroom and I am SO glad that he did. Good luck with your move!

Old 02-16-2010, 07:38 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,005,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayandtom View Post
Just a friendly suggestion-with 3 kids go for the 3 bedroom if you can afford the extra dollars. We are in a 3 bedroom right now while we are building(just couldn't find what we were looking for) and it has gotten small rather quickly. Especially if you are used to a house. My husband talked me into the 3 bedroom and I am SO glad that he did. Good luck with your move!
Will the complex even allow 5 people in a 2 bedroom? Many places will set a limit of 2 per bedroom. I think that there might be occupancy regulations by law.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:33 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,005,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz80 View Post
Not to hijack the thread from the original poster, but I figured I'd add my two cents to this question. I'm coming to the area as an employee of Cisco Systems (marketing and product management roles), and my wife is interested in pursuing a career in Veterinary Medicine through the NCSU program. Cisco didn't relocate me to RTP per se, rather I decided to relocate to escape California, and Cisco happened to be OK with that decision.
Welcome to Cisco RTP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary