Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 06:45 PM

149 posts, read 774,021 times

Advertisements

Today at the pool someone said that Holly Springs will not be affected if there is a Wake County water restriction as we don't get our water from Jordan Lake or like. Is this true????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 07:08 PM

709 posts, read 934,852 times
I just cannot figure you guys out. It has not rained in really months in the southeast part of the country and drought conditions are spreading quickly even up here into the raleigh area and central nc.

Stop wasting water!!!

The lawns well gang they will turn brown.

Deal with it!

Old 05-28-2007, 07:20 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,666,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
I just cannot figure you guys out. It has not rained in really months in the southeast part of the country and drought conditions are spreading quickly even up here into the raleigh area and central nc.

Stop wasting water!!!

Deal with it!
You are preaching to the choir here. Just because areas are not getting water from the same exact source.....well....they drought is effecting the entire region...it's not the fact that it hasn't just not rained in Raleigh!!

Old 05-28-2007, 07:26 PM

43,275 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post

Stop wasting water!!!

Deal with it!
urbywan!
Daggone!
You're really onto something bigger than I ever thought possible!

The "housing market is in the toilet" and there might not be enough water to flush!

Old 05-28-2007, 09:28 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,103,510 times
OK, IMO, water restrictions hardly matter. You still have the chance to water your lawn 3 times per week even with the restriction in place. That's plenty of water to keep a yard nice and green.
As far as I know "Wake County" doesn't have water restrictions, it's individual cities and towns. Raleigh, Cary etc. Check with your own town governenemt to see if they have restrictions.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:49 PM

149 posts, read 774,021 times
WOW!!!! Never in my post did I saw I water my lawn, I was just wondering if the person I was talking to was talking fact. Stop assuming everyone on this forum will go to great lengths for a green lawn. Next time why dont you find out the facts before you attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguys View Post
Today at the pool someone said that Holly Springs will not be affected if there is a Wake County water restriction as we don't get our water from Jordan Lake or like. Is this true????

Old 05-28-2007, 10:24 PM

8 posts, read 20,785 times
Published: May 16, 2007 12:30 AM Modified: May 16, 2007 03:45 AM
Water restrictions begin July 1
By David Bracken, Staff Writer
The last digits of Wake County addresses gained meaning Tuesday.

Moderator cut: Provide a link instead of copying everything here, please

Last edited by Marka; 12-10-2007 at 05:35 AM..

Old 05-29-2007, 04:15 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,948,248 times
Default let's start doing the rain dance

wow, I pray we don't run out of water...I heard on the news tonight again about how low the levels are in wake county...I pray we get rain and soon...could we run out of water??? I am a nervous wreck...let's all do the rain dance...

Old 05-29-2007, 05:24 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,961,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
wow, I pray we don't run out of water...I heard on the news tonight again about how low the levels are in wake county...I pray we get rain and soon...could we run out of water??? I am a nervous wreck...let's all do the rain dance...
Falls and Jordan lakes are actually within a couple inches of full pool. For once, water restrictions were initiated before the lakes were a couple feet below normal, so there's a decent chance more significant restrictions won't be necessary.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:27 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,666,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toot68 View Post
Falls and Jordan lakes are actually within a couple inches of full pool. For once, water restrictions were initiated before the lakes were a couple feet below normal, so there's a decent chance more significant restrictions won't be necessary.
Yes, the powers that be are being proactive for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary