Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 PM

62 posts, read 258,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Does anyone know *when* the boxes are generally delivered? It's 5:30 PM and I still haven't gotten my food! This is supposed to be my first delivery and I will not be a happy camper if it doesn't arrive.
I received mine around noon today (and usually receive it about the same time every week), and I'm in the Clayton area. I would think you should have gotten yours by now You may want to send them an email to see if there has been some mishap...They are usually very good about responding quickly to my emails...Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 04:52 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,106,298 times
Just to update, I got my order (they were just running late today) and everything looks REALLY FABULOUS! It was packaged well, the meats were still frozen (except the fish was fresh and not frozen, but well insulated and cold). The eggs really look fantastic and are HUGE. The veggies look wonderful and in good condition (no spots or brusing etc). Can't wait to "dig in"!

Old 04-25-2010, 05:07 PM

289 posts, read 489,545 times
Vollmer Farms has just started a CSA. I think it's new this year, but they are a GREAT organization-- have been farming organically for a long time. I think they are full, but you can check. We aren't members of the CSA but may try next year. We ALWAYS go to Vollmers to pick organic strawberries and buy other organic produce in their market. INCREDIBLE.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:42 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,106,298 times
I am! thank you! It wasn't a big deal, I just wasn't sure when to expect it and was worried that since it was my first delivery, something might have happened along the way.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,537 times
I have used carolina grown in fayetteville and I cannot recommend them. In fact, I canceled the account last week, but they have charged my account anyway. I had constant issues with orders being wrong, with either meat being left out with no ice at all or veggies ruined by being shoved right on dry ice. I did not have a single order from them where I received all the right things, and their communication with you sucks once they get you in. All their produce seemed grad D wilted and full of bruises like it had been stored for an excessive time or something and all veggies I got from them went bad within a couple of days. Bread was stale. No response to emails. Just bad, like they can't handle the scope of what they are trying to do. Sad. Also, I believe their site allowed a 3rd party to get my card info which caused me to be the victim of fraud.

Go to the farmer's market. At least then the veggies will last. And all those grass fed farms will ship that meat right to you, you don't have to have Carolina Grown as a middleman.

Last edited by BlueCanary; 09-25-2010 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: test

Old 09-26-2010, 08:28 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCanary View Post
I have used carolina grown in fayetteville and I cannot recommend them. In fact, I canceled the account last week, but they have charged my account anyway. I had constant issues with orders being wrong, with either meat being left out with no ice at all or veggies ruined by being shoved right on dry ice. I did not have a single order from them where I received all the right things, and their communication with you sucks once they get you in. All their produce seemed grad D wilted and full of bruises like it had been stored for an excessive time or something and all veggies I got from them went bad within a couple of days. Bread was stale. No response to emails. Just bad, like they can't handle the scope of what they are trying to do. Sad. Also, I believe their site allowed a 3rd party to get my card info which caused me to be the victim of fraud.

Go to the farmer's market. At least then the veggies will last. And all those grass fed farms will ship that meat right to you, you don't have to have Carolina Grown as a middleman.
We too had payments taken after cancelling. The food was usually pretty good but they got it wrong 25% of the time. Record keeping seems to be a huge problem? We argued for the $65 the over charged and finally just let it go....

Old 10-01-2010, 04:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
whatever problems you may encounter with this company, obviously this man wants to help and is very responsive. I don't see that much today. Give the man credit for trying and putting his reputation out there.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 3,537 times
He is helpful, and since I posted this last I read an article about Carolina Grown which lets me know it is a lot smaller than I thought, basically husband and wife running it together. I had thought in the past that they were through the state of NC. I am therefore convinced that I was a bit too hard on them. I admit it was frustrating for the orders to be wrong so often, but they did refund my money which I was charged after cancellation, and were very polite and helpful. Also, the fraud on my bank account was not due to their billing service, but due to someone else.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:32 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,106 times
I am in N. Raleigh and the service has been pretty reliable and consistent and I am tickled to get milk in bottles delivered to my home. <smile>

any time I have had an issue, they have resolved it quickly for me, to my satisfaction. they are small, which is I perceive as a benefit. and constantly improving. way to go CG!

my kids go skipping to the door when the 'milk and veggie' delivery comes. the fact that I get chocolate milk probably adds to their fervor!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:10 AM

50 posts, read 260,085 times
Just out of curiosity, does anyone out there see a need not being met, or a niche not being filled, in terms of veggie/meat/dairy delivery services in the triangle?

I ask b/c I'm in discussions with a company that's starting out in offering a similar service and honestly it seems to me the local market is already saturated, between Papa Spuds, The Produce Box, Carolina Grown and Bella Bean Organics. But maybe there's a group of people or a specific type of food or a service option that they aren't fulfilling?

Just trying to get a sense of what the demand is.

cheers,
J
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary