Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 02:05 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,335,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
(I once at an entire Pastrami sammich at Cargegie by myself, with a good helping of pickles too. I had the meat-sweats for the next two days... Good times man, good times.)
1. Is that humanly possible? OINK!!!
2. I am now obsessed with thoughts of having a corned beef sandwich from CD, with cheesecake

Sorry, can't offer any local recommendations b/c I don't know of any such places here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 02:52 PM

109 posts, read 343,007 times
Not pastrami on rye (at least I don't think I have it there but I could be wrong), but you would probably really like the Bagel and Deli place on KFR in Cary near the HT. Awesome food and the owner is the real deal.
New York Bagels and Deli III in Cary, NC

Old 02-11-2010, 03:01 PM

767 posts, read 1,847,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2TwinsCary View Post
Not pastrami on rye (at least I don't think I have it there but I could be wrong), but you would probably really like the Bagel and Deli place on KFR in Cary near the HT. Awesome food and the owner is the real deal.
New York Bagels and Deli III in Cary, NC
Yes, this place has amazing bagels. I am so glad you posted this...but sad that there are no good choices! I had a favorite Jewish deli in So Cal, but haven't had (or seen) a matzo ball since I moved here.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:46 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,546,799 times
I second the New York Deli in Falls River - good stuffs there. I read some negative reviews when they had first opened and can only think they were southerners not liking NY food? <grin>

My Mom and I really enjoyed our eats there.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:58 PM

57 posts, read 145,136 times
Food Factory in Cary. Ny'er owned and operated for over 10 yrs.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:41 PM

93 posts, read 229,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samdan View Post
Any ideas?
Nantucket Grill

Old 02-12-2010, 02:31 PM

744 posts, read 1,262,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
There is NOTHING wrong with wanting a certain type of food and looking for it. Just as there is NOTHING wrong with looking around for Carolina barbeque in NYC (no clue if it exists), or good Chinese here, or good Indian here, etc.

(I knew it was only a matter of time before someone got snarky about it).

So, what you're saying is, people here should only eat southern food?

Sorry, I'm starting to get really worked up about these posts. Not sure why people would frequent a board with so many transplants and potential transplants if their questions offend.
But there is certainly something wrong with, when suggestions are made, then the OP replies, "Bummer, I guess [blank] is the closest I'll get." Yes, such responses elicit snarky comments as they should.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:32 PM

365 posts, read 1,208,109 times
I've got to give Neal's Deli yet another thumbs up.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:14 PM

74 posts, read 203,589 times
Thanks for these suggestions - I'm saving them in my GPS!

Old 04-19-2010, 10:21 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,148,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
1. Is that humanly possible? OINK!!!
2. I am now obsessed with thoughts of having a corned beef sandwich from CD, with cheesecake

Sorry, can't offer any local recommendations b/c I don't know of any such places here.
Well today I went again. I held back a little because I have a sales call to make in a couple hours, and did not want a food coma:

Start:

three pickles and about 8 minutes later:

I am 100% SURE I could have killed it, but I'm trying to behave lately (Dr's orders), so I pushed the plate away, and had to ask them to take it because I was still picking at it.

No offense, but Raleigh has nothing to compete with this

EDIT: The pizza in Brooklyn was good too:
//www.city-data.com/forum/food-...adventure.html

Last edited by Bmateo; 04-19-2010 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: pizza link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary