Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 09:05 AM

9 posts, read 24,442 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I have a question for anyone who can answer....I have a interview at UNC Hospital really soon and I found out that the interview will be three hours long and I will meet w/ HR. Why would I meet w/ HR on this initial interview and why does it have to be three hours long? I know that I am meeting w/ two other people in addition to HR. I am just a little fearful and would like to know what I am stepping into before I get there. Can someone please enlighten me about this???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 09:16 AM

675 posts, read 1,833,326 times
Probably just a team-based interview approach, HR will go over basic nuts-and-bolts questions and issues with you, and then the other interviewers will focus on job-related specifics. I don't think it's anything to worry about, and I know of people who are in interviews much longer than that for jobs at UNC and Duke hospitals (depending on the area of course). Don't sweat it, you'll be fine.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 AM

Thanks JimmyO! I am so scared of not getting this job and I am doing my "homework" for this interview. I have read some the threads on here regarding UNC/Duke interviewing experiences, as well as trying to obtain an interview. I hate to get my hopes up and find out that I was never going to get the job anyway and that it was all a "front" in order to make it look like they (UNC) were actually looking for a candidate. I was born and raised in Chapel Hill and have a flock a family members that have been working there for YEARS....yet it took me 4 years to get an interview! Go figure!

Old 02-16-2010, 09:27 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
I interviewed for a position at UNC in May 08. This was on the medical side. It last over 7 hours! I had interviews with several physicians in the department as well as a couple of other people. They even had a catered lunch for me. (I ended up at Duke)

Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 AM

LOL..your last comment is very funny! I am on the administration side. I have one yr and half left in college and I am looking for experience. But until then I am in the process of trying to get my foot in the door and I would really like to work for UNC for the remainder of my career. Hopefully, this works out for the best. Thanks ldj1010.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:59 AM

757 posts, read 2,083,364 times
I think UNC focuses on team players and how well you interact with other people. We try to help each other out at work the best we can even if it's not within our realm of our job. Those that are independent and not team players are at a huge disadvantage. Would rather have a new grad that is a people person and gets along great with others and helpful rather than a very experienced person with terrible people skills who keeps to himself/herself.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:54 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson185 View Post
I think UNC focuses on team players and how well you interact with other people. We try to help each other out at work the best we can even if it's not within our realm of our job. Those that are independent and not team players are at a huge disadvantage. Would rather have a new grad that is a people person and gets along great with others and helpful rather than a very experienced person with terrible people skills who keeps to himself/herself.
Yes, makes sense and lots of places use the team approach, collective decisions, etc. I think after 7hrs of interviewing you'd want to poke yourself in the eyes and never look at those ppl again, LOL..

My record was 4hrs...

I suspect Jimmy O is right about the sequence. It is both informational, info gather and getting to know each other..well, mostly YOU! If you prepare well, you'll be fine Good luck!

Old 01-23-2017, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,758 times
I have had my second interview last friday for financial counselor at unc chapel hill hospital and was wondering how long does it typically take for them to let you know if they want to give you the offer or not?

Old 01-23-2017, 05:26 PM

260 posts, read 675,879 times
The original post is almost seven years old. I wonder if the OP ever got the job.

To the above poster, good luck, it could be a few weeks.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:45 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,496 times
I'm a nurse, and I think I interviewed with five people at the main hospital and a satellite location besides. Very intimidating, and very exhausting! And they kept asking me hypothetical scenario questions....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary