Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 02:38 PM

11 posts, read 54,063 times

Advertisements

Great tips! At least I try to avoid school buses. Also the seat bealt is something I might think they fasten automatically. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 02:38 PM

Update

I got my license! It was much easier than I thought. Everybody treated me nicely, even the person who took my road test. Someone called me "sweetie". It doesn't get better than that.

I read the DMV book. It was a bit difficult to know what is really important. I studied all kind of trivial information. The most helpful were

www.DMVCheatSheets.com

www.ncdmvexam.com

Also it helped to remember your advices: looking around and checking. Thanks!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:52 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Congratulations!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:58 PM

Thanks!

I've to admit that I got 1 question wrong. It was the second one and it took 15 questions more before I could relax and feel I'm able to pull it through. One of those tricky questions with 3 right answers...

Old 03-05-2010, 04:54 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
I guess it wasn't the If you are driving on the pavement question

Congratulations! Now you can drive like the rest of us here, forget the book!
1. Always use your hi beams to blind oncoming traffic.
2. Don't ever, under any circumstances, use your turn signal.
3. Pull out of a space backwards at 30mph and DON'T look. Remember the cars coming along behind you should swerve to get out of your way.
4. Always make a left turn from the far right lane by cutting off all lanes of traffic
5. if you smoke, throw your ciggies out the window only when you are assured of hitting another car.
6. When merging onto a highway, disregard the merge lane, shoot right across as many lanes as you want. Don't worry, the other cars will hit each to avoid hitting you

And finally, if someone wants to come into your lane and they signal, hit the gas, cut em off, you'll need the .0001 second they might have stolen from you

Welcome to driving in America, it's just like Italy and London

Old 03-05-2010, 05:43 PM

128 posts, read 435,586 times
Ok....so I know that if you move from another Country you have to take a driving test...but if you are moving to NC from another state do you??? Driving test? Written Test??? Isn't the state you got your license in trusted enough?

Old 03-05-2010, 05:57 PM

128 posts, read 435,586 times
Ok, so i pulled up a web site and it does appear that I will have to take the stupid written exam again...but what about the driving? Gosh< i hate to say it...but I have never taken a driving test! I took drivers ed class in Indiana, and got an A so my teacher waivered me and I didn't have to take the actual drivers test, just the written....who knows how many rules I break! lol

Also....do you have to be 18 to drive there!?! In indiana its 16, which I have always thought was too early, but didn't know that any states had actually went to 18!

Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk11 View Post
Ok....so I know that if you move from another Country you have to take a driving test...but if you are moving to NC from another state do you??? Driving test? Written Test??? Isn't the state you got your license in trusted enough?
Written test and sign test only. No driving test.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:49 PM

809 posts, read 2,187,211 times
Congratulations, JMMM! Job well done.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:34 AM

ksk11 - I think you need to take all the tests if you come from other state. At least my collegue needed to do that. She moved here from California. BTW, she said that it was about 1.000.000 times easier over here.

Trying to forget everything I've learned. I've noticed I'm a freak on the wheels...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary