U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:40 AM

35 posts, read 134,305 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

In NYC, Verizon Wireless and Sprint have great cell phone reception and AT&T has a lot of dead spots.

In the Triangle area, who are your favorite carriers?

If AT&T has good reception there, I'll probably switch to them from Verizon just to get an iPhone. If not, I might have to settle with a Droid.

Thanks!
Robbie
(moving to Raleigh very soon)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 08:44 AM

875 posts, read 2,111,218 times
I use Verizon and so do most I know. No issues so far, before that I was with Alltel for 10 years. I have a friend with an iphone who loves it but I know sometimes she has issues in certain areas of town.

I want an iphone too but overall I have just have heard horrible things about ATT customer service so I won't be making the switch.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:46 AM

9,197 posts, read 23,396,393 times
As always, it really depends on where you are and where you'll be using your phone. One carrier may work great near my house, and not so much near yours.

On average, I think Verizon probably has better coverage than AT&T, but both cover the Triangle area reasonably well (and both have their dead zones).

Old 02-18-2010, 08:52 AM

632 posts, read 1,709,468 times
Even knowing that there's some dead spots around here with AT&T, I stayed with them after moving here because I wanted an iPhone. I've had the phone a couple of months now and simply LOVE it. I don't have reception at our new house, BUT, we'll have a land-line when we move in, and if I want to use its other features, I'll have WiFi for it to connect. Hubby has Verizon with his Blackberry, so we're covered if we're traveling together.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:53 AM
T|K

876 posts, read 2,314,639 times
A poll for this topic maybe a lot easier. I have AT&T and get better service at my house then I used to have with Verizon. Overall I would rate Verizon a tad better for coverage, but AT&T I think is very good

Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,484,286 times
AT&T ... no issues for me but I use it for voice only

Old 02-18-2010, 09:09 AM

32 posts, read 71,176 times
Really depends on your travel patterns but Verizon is the safest bet I would say. They are constantly putting up towers so a dead spot a year ago may not be dead any more. Plus, Verizon may be close to actually offering the Iphone.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:15 AM

57 posts, read 181,014 times
I use Sprint, and have not had any problems with coverage. They are also the cheapest option with nights and weekends starting at 7pm and calls to/from any carriers cell phones are included.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:17 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,024,095 times
I have an iPhone and love it. I've always had great customer service with AT&T. My boyfriend had problems with Sprints customer service and bogus charges and is happy he got an iPhone and hasn't had any complaints. From what I've heard Verizon has slightly better coverage. I have never had problems with AT&T coverage in Durham or Raleigh, and rarely have problems out here in a small town. It is the only phone I use and it has been very reliable.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:33 AM

35 posts, read 134,305 times
Awesome info everyone, thanks!

Having the iPhone become available to Verizon is just a rumor now, I hope it does soon. We've had bad customer service from AT&T in the past.

Robbie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary