Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 03:19 PM

371 posts, read 1,218,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
I used restaurant.com once because someone had sent me the link as a gift. I chose my restaurant and printed off the coupon. When we paid and presented the coupon we were told that they weren't accepting them anymore. They were losing too much business. There was a sign on the front door that we apparently missed. Probably losing too much business because they were the only decent restaurant on there. Like the other poster said their restaurants selections aren't the greatest.
One good thing about Restaurant.com is if you buy from Restaurant.com they would refund the money if the merchant doesn't honor it

Things that I do not like about it is - it is not a Gift Certificate (which they say it is) but a coupon. You have to pay taxes and gratuity (which is pre-determined at about 15-18%) after you meet the minimum required to use the coupon. Let's say if you buy their certificate for $1 for $10 food and the requirement is to spend a minimum of $25 then you have to consume $25 worth of food plus pay tax and gratuity to use the $10 coupon. So, the total cost is going to be: $25-$10 Certificate +$2 Cost of Certificate + Tax + Gratuity. Most of the restaurants restrict certain days and times of the day (lunch/dinner etc) and to dine-ins only and 1 per table restrictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 03:20 PM

371 posts, read 1,218,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1234 View Post
Hey we all want to save if we can in these rough times so I just have to share this! I'm so excited about the great restaurant and activity deals offered by a local company! I just saved 40% off on a meal at The Mint, a swanky restaurant in downtown Raleigh. No gimmick. Free sign up and you are emailed one deal a day. Check out Twongo. Twongo.com.
I like the Groupon Now feature where you buy a groupon and go eat that day. If you do not use it your money will be refunded

Old 10-05-2011, 04:23 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Thanks! Good deals!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary