Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2007, 06:30 PM

6 posts, read 45,349 times

Advertisements

I've recently moved to Wake Forest and do not have city trash collection. I've been going to the convenience center on NC-98 but they don't take yard waste. Where can I dispose of grass clippings and yard waste?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 07:22 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,410 times
I am in wake forest, and I have thought the same thing as well! In cary they had yard waste recycling days, anyhow, we are on acre so I just give it back to the "land" as they say.

Here is a link though of the different places you can take yard waste for recycling:

WakeGOV.com - Trash Takers

it is from the wake gov website and should give you some great information!

Leigh

Old 06-01-2007, 09:53 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranman View Post
I've recently moved to Wake Forest and do not have city trash collection. I've been going to the convenience center on NC-98 but they don't take yard waste. Where can I dispose of grass clippings and yard waste?
Use a mulching mower, it is better for the grass, or compost.

Everything is not "throw away" especially grass clippings.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 9,897 times
Default Yard Waste Disposal -

There is a company on Gresham Lake Road. I think it is between Welborn and Gresham Hill - at least it is in that area - on the south side of the road. It cost $10 for a pickup load --

Old 05-23-2008, 07:07 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,128,456 times
We use the facility on Gresham Lake Road a lot.

There are others. Here is a list:

WakeGOV.com - Hurricane Waste Disposal

Old 05-23-2008, 07:13 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,780,398 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me, there is no trash collection in Wake Forest??? Yikes. I've been a constant harper on and against the gas situation, but for those who tell others to suck it up and ride a bike or take a bus (even for, presumably, pregnant and elderly people), what do those people do with their trash? How do they transport it away from their property?

Considering how that area is developing, I think it's time Wake Forest have trash collection service. Btw, anyone have a list of pickup services (public or private) for various cities/counties (including Wake Forest) that will pick up trash, yard waste or both?

Old 05-23-2008, 07:37 PM

207 posts, read 1,088,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoy View Post
Are you kidding me, there is no trash collection in Wake Forest??? Yikes. I've been a constant harper on and against the gas situation, but for those who tell others to suck it up and ride a bike or take a bus (even for, presumably, pregnant and elderly people), what do those people do with their trash? How do they transport it away from their property?

Considering how that area is developing, I think it's time Wake Forest have trash collection service. Btw, anyone have a list of pickup services (public or private) for various cities/counties (including Wake Forest) that will pick up trash, yard waste or both?
Of course Wake Forest has city trash collection. Just like any other city though if you live outside the city limits (still have a Wake Forest address but don't pay city taxes,etc...) you don't get all the services that the folk who actually live within the city limits do.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:42 PM

8 posts, read 20,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoy View Post

We have trash collection in Wake Forest. and have for decades. Not sure where you got the idea that we don't. Most 'in the city limits' areas also have yard waste pick up weekly. There is no need to 'suck it up' for anyone who actually lives in Wake Forest and many close, but outside the city limit areas.

However, there are many rural areas that have a Wake Forest mailing address, but don't pay Wake Forest taxes, and they have limited services (it can vary by area)...there are Wake Forest addresses that aren't even in Wake County.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:53 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,780,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenheredonemuch View Post
We have trash collection in Wake Forest. and have for decades. Not sure where you got the idea that we don't.

Quote:
I've recently moved to Wake Forest and do not have city trash collection. I've been going to the convenience center on NC-98 but they don't take yard waste.
Got it from OP. That's why I was surprised in my follow-up and found it unbelievable. I guess I read it wrong when OP mentioned he was going to the convenience center for it. I guess stranman meant that he did not have city trash collection because stranman did not sign up for the service, I guess.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:58 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,086,083 times
CaliBoy, in New England, where I live, it's not uncommon at all not to have curbside pickup. My town does not. You can hire a private hauler to come pick it up for you but it's just easier and less expensive to take it to the town dump. The recycling, trash, hazardous item disposal, etc., are all in one place. My kids take our deposit bottles back to a local redemption center but all the other stuff goes to the recycle center at the dump. Between May and October, there is a "swap" area where people can just drop off items they no longer want or need and there are always other people waiting to take it. Truly a "one man's trash is another man's treasure" situation.

There's also a Goodwill truck and a bookmobile at the dump.

I thought it odd at first but I'm used to it now. It will seem weird to have curbside pick up again if we ever move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary