Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 11:49 AM

5 posts, read 7,383 times

Advertisements

I'm moving shortly to Durham and wondering if anybody has any recommendations as to upscale apartments in Durham. Coming from a large city, I would prefer to be able to walk to bars, restaurants, etc if possible. Any help would be very greatly appreciated. So far, I've looked at the West Village apartments and the apartments at American Tobacco and both look good but just wondering what else is out there. Thank you in advance,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 08:04 PM

11 posts, read 30,404 times
The apartments near Southpoint mall would be absolutely perfect for your situation.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:43 PM

797 posts, read 3,579,090 times
^To be honest, you don't wanna be near Southpoint if you are coming from a big city. Southpoint is tourist/big box store central. It is not a city vibe at all, but true suburbia mixed with shopping. Stick to downtown Durham, a much better area, with some real energy and character, not cookie cutter and bland. There are great restaurants (not chains like all around southpoint) and a much truer sense of a community/city vibe.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:24 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
Check out Station 9. Its in Erwin Square which has a few really good restaurants (Vita, Parizade, Baba Ghannouj), a pool courtyard, and a fitness center. Its a great walkable location near 9th Street with eclectic shops a restaurants, Whole Foods Market, a bank, convenience store, coffee shop, bars, etc... and also close enough to walk to Duke Univ & Med Center. If I was looking to rent an apartment in the Triangle, this is one of the only places I would look.
http://www.stationnine.com/index_f.html

Old 03-08-2010, 12:56 PM

Great. Thank you. I really appreciate the helpful feedback.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:17 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Station 9 has horrible reviews on apartmentratings.com. Apparently it's like one huge frat house with thin walls...

Old 03-08-2010, 01:52 PM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Station 9 has horrible reviews on apartmentratings.com. Apparently it's like one huge frat house with thin walls...
Hmm, that's too bad. I've never been in there, but have just observed it from the outside and thought that it offers one of the best locations for convenience and "urban" living in Durham, if not the entire Triangle.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:26 PM

norasmom - apartmentratings.com is a great resource. Thanks! Looks like West Village has pretty good reviews and is convenient to my new job. Any other downtown recommendations will be gladly welcomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary