Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:40 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aratherlargetree11 View Post
what is art then? lol
Artistry is like a lot of other aspects of life. Forced on the unwilling, without permission or respect, destroying property renders the narcissistic "art" to vandalism.

Working among a network of like-minded criminal vandals, glorifying and celebrating vandalism and intimidation, however stupidly, under cover of darkness to avoid detection by property owners, leaves me to conclude that the perpetrators are gang-like in modus operandi.

So, yes.
Most graffiti is perpetrated by gangs. Some gangs are feckless enough to claim artistic merit for their vandalism. Other gangs, with turf wars and selling of drugs and intimidation with threats of violence, may be more dangerous than those who specialize in vandalism graffiti gang behavior.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 04-28-2010 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,349 times
I've noticed some on the back side of the signs over the beltline now..
(how the heck do they get up there without anyone noticing?)

Between Jones Franklin Road and Capitol Blvd

Old 06-03-2010, 01:12 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,533,793 times
Last time I called I was told the DOT was slow removing graffiti because they were busy filling potholes.

I have also learned that the DOT maintains Western Boulevard so is responsible for graffiti there. That is turning out to be slow also. I am told the City of Raleigh turnaround time for graffiti removal is 24 hours.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:14 PM

50 posts, read 119,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aratherlargetree11 View Post
what is art then? lol
Why don't you express yourself legally? Go to the free expression tunnel at state and paint away. Or if your that good, someone would love to contract you out for murals. The pictures you posted are murals, graffiti murals. Whoever that business owner was, allowed that obviously.

People here are talking about the stupid tags on the beltline. There is a new one on the back of a crabtree valley mall exit sign on the outer loop. Those are completely stupid and have to be gang related or else there is no point because that is not art. It is scribbles that are 99% of the time illegible.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:15 AM

Story on wral.com today re the graffiti. Fox also had a mention of it on their 10pm news last night.

I like to think this is because I finally called the mayor's office yesterday and talked with someone about it! Well, maybe not.

Sorry. If I knew how to post the link I would.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:03 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,829,054 times
Here ya go:

Some drivers want faster graffiti clean-up

Old 01-24-2011, 08:54 PM

I was driving the beltline today and noticed that unfortunately the trash has surpassed the graffiti. I don't think I've ever seen the trash this bad, particularly around the Lake Boone exit. Wonder why?

Old 01-25-2011, 06:29 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,653,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
I was driving the beltline today and noticed that unfortunately the trash has surpassed the graffiti. I don't think I've ever seen the trash this bad, particularly around the Lake Boone exit. Wonder why?
Because nobody picks it up.

I've seen the same bumper sitting inside the median for 4 years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary