Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 08:55 AM

8 posts, read 28,641 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any short-term (i.e., month-to-month) apartments in the Raleigh or Cary area? We are moving to the area (from the west coast) but we need a short term place until we've had time to get to know the different neighborhoods in Cary and have had time to look at houses with a realtor.

We are familiar with the area as I grew up in NC and my family is still there. However they are not in the Raleigh area and thus I was hoping someone here could point me in the direction of several month-to-month places.

Yes - we do know month-to-month costs more than a year lease but we are NOT signing a year lease as we're buying there as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 09:05 AM

16 posts, read 64,720 times
It might be cheaper to look for places that offer a 6 month lease. I don't know any offhand. Or go to craigslist and try to find sublets.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 AM

632 posts, read 1,843,696 times
Traditions at Stonewater in Cary (near where I-540 ends at Hwy 55). I don't know if you can start off with month-to-month (call and find out), but I do know they have a 3-month lease and you can do month-to-month afterwards. We did a 6-month which we renewed (we're building).

Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 AM

502 posts, read 1,654,376 times
I say go with the six month lease. By the time you get here, get halfway settled, figure out what's where, hunt for a home, and close (which could easily take 45 days - at least) you'll only have a month or two left in your lease. It would probably be cheaper and less stressful as you'll be able to take your time and avoid rushing into a decision. I've had relocating clients do that before and were happy they did.

Just try to find a place with little to no security deposit. Try to avoid places with a bunch of amenities you probably won't use or need for such a short stay (i.e. business center, pools and tennis courts, etc.). It'll just cost you more in rent. If those things are important to you use the facilities at the local parks and community centers (plus it would help you meet people and learn the area).

Good luck!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:28 PM

8 posts, read 28,641 times
Thanks, everyone! We will definitely not be going with a 6 month lease - so we need something with a month-to-month or 3 month lease at the very maximum. My mother is a realtor in the triad area so we know what all it takes in closing a home, etc. Most likely, we will be looking at places prior to our move. A 6 month lease would absolutely not work for us. If anybody else knows of other places that do month-to-month leases, please let me know. Thanks!!

Old 03-11-2010, 11:41 AM

13 posts, read 42,250 times
You can try Clairmont at Farmgate which is on the Raleigh/Cary border. Be sure to ask for the leasing agent Cyndi there at the property - she comes highly recommended.

Raleigh NC Apartments - Clairmont at Farmgate
(919) 900-7538

Old 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM

920 posts, read 2,812,577 times
Although it's in Garner, Abberly Place offers three-month leases.
Abberly Place Garner Apartments | Apartments in Raleigh Metro NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary