Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2010, 02:23 PM

220 posts, read 863,380 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are taking a much needed break this Saturday!! Our child will be at a Parents Night Out, so our time is limited. We're new to Apex and so we would welcome any suggestions on what to do for the evening! We're open to the typical dinner suggestions, but also any ideas for anything fun and creative? We don't have time to venture out to any other cities, so we'd like some suggestions for good restaurants or activities in the Apex or Holly Springs area. We don't want to do the bar scene seeing that we have to drive afterwards and pick up our child!!! Lol Is there anything similar to Frankies Fun Park in the area? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 07:02 PM

35 posts, read 237,166 times
Peak City Grill is always pretty darn good and it's a cool atmosphere...right in the middle of Apex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis511 View Post
My husband and I are taking a much needed break this Saturday!! Our child will be at a Parents Night Out, so our time is limited. We're new to Apex and so we would welcome any suggestions on what to do for the evening! We're open to the typical dinner suggestions, but also any ideas for anything fun and creative? We don't have time to venture out to any other cities, so we'd like some suggestions for good restaurants or activities in the Apex or Holly Springs area. We don't want to do the bar scene seeing that we have to drive afterwards and pick up our child!!! Lol Is there anything similar to Frankies Fun Park in the area? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,006,504 times
Il Forno in Holly Springs just recently opened up.

I'm tempted to try this place on Saturday but I need a babysitter first. Where are you doing Parents Night Out at?

Here's the website:

Il Forno

The menu looks promising

Old 03-12-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Il Forno in Holly Springs just recently opened up.

I'm tempted to try this place on Saturday but I need a babysitter first. Where are you doing Parents Night Out at?

Here's the website:

Il Forno

The menu looks promising

The Little Gym in HS. For members its only $22 for (I believe) 4 hours, that includes pizza and crafts/activities. For non-members its still cheap, only $25. We only have one child, so its a pretty good option for us and is actually less expensive than hiring a baby-sitter to come to the house.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:34 AM

nc eagles fan-- thanks for the suggestion! We've seen the Peak City Grill, and now that we know its good we'll probably try that out!!

just the 6 of us-- thanks for the il forno suggestion, we never would have heard of it otherwise. The menu does look really good!!

Old 03-12-2010, 12:53 PM

11 posts, read 30,589 times
Honestly, there are more things to do in the Raleigh area if you want a parents night out! Try looking downtown....since the renewal phase there are a lot more place to dine and dance.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace82 View Post
Honestly, there are more things to do in the Raleigh area if you want a parents night out! Try looking downtown....since the renewal phase there are a lot more place to dine and dance.
Very true, but since we only have 4 hours we wanted to stay around the area where our child will be and explore some places closer to where we just moved in.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:22 PM

365 posts, read 1,205,480 times
Prince Grocery?

Old 03-14-2010, 09:41 AM

35 posts, read 237,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootie the Brave View Post
Prince Grocery?
No you didn't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary