Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,426 times

Advertisements

My husband and I want to re-do the walls, ceiling and trimwork in our bonus room and also put in some built-in shelves and recessed lighting. Can anyone recommend a good contractor? Or tell us who to avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 12:51 PM

28 posts, read 60,299 times
Stephen Walters Fine Carpentry, Inc.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:42 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,537 times
We just finished our basement and added a screened porch and the trim carpenters our builder used were incredible. We hired them back after the job was finished because they made our basement much nicer than our main house! Call Bill Piebenga at 522-3656. Here are some photos, hopefully good enough quality to show their ability. These guys normally trim out $1-3M homes but the economy is tough so they are doing lesser jobs like my house these days!

Built-in cabinets to hide our water main valve and nicely trimmed room withi crown and wall molding:

TIG Pine ceiling with crown and flush mount heaters nicely trimmed:

Built in corner shelving to hide concrete foundation sticking into room and also nice trim and crown and cove trim:

Nice 1" thick lattice to hide ugly underside of old deck and stairs:

Misc "before finish" detail work:

Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 AM

299 posts, read 635,307 times
I used a father/son team both named Rick Andrews, phone #919-528-6514, or 919-323-5215.
I have received feedback from other people to whom I've recommended him and they have all been very happy and satisfied with the results. He's going to be coming back soon to do some closet work for me along with more wainscoting and possibly a coffered ceiling so obviously I've been extremely happy and proud to show off his work.

They were not only reasonably priced but cleaned up after themselves, came on time and were honest and pleasant to work with. If you'd like some pictures of their work, let me know and I'd be happy to send them to your email address. I'd definitely recommend getting an estimate from them before you decide. They came in 2k less than other contractors for the same work and materials.

Anne

Old 03-16-2010, 07:50 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
RDUbiker, nice trim work! And I have that blue in one of my rooms

Old 03-17-2010, 11:22 AM

10 posts, read 27,843 times
Nice pics! I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. We've been thinking about finishing the storage room off of our loft.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:58 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
RDUbiker, nice trim work! And I have that blue in one of my rooms
I'm not giving you my opinion until we get some real furniture in there - wife picked it out. I trust her, but it's VERY blue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary