Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 02:46 PM

23 posts, read 72,712 times

Advertisements

We ended up going to Isaac Hunter's after 18 Seaboard. The staff @ 18 Seaboard is absolutely wonderful! I really felt comfortable @ Isaac Hunter's though- great place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 05:17 PM

770 posts, read 2,754,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsap View Post
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I are in Raleigh for the week (visiting from MA) and are looking for suggestions for nightlife. We're already going to the comedy club one night and to a Bruins/Canes game another night.

I hate dance clubs and loud music. I like good beer, a place you can have a conversation, and some good food on the side would be nice too!

I read over some forums and have taken these places into consideration- Five Star, Humble Pie, Poole's Diner, and Amedeo's North. Any input?

Thanks in advance!
If you like good beer I'd go to the Flying Saucer, Solas is nice but a little pricey, hibernian and nappy tandy's are ok too.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:55 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,644,217 times
I'm a little late to the game, but have a few suggestions besides the ones that have already been mentioned.

A new brewpub that you might enjoy is Natty Greene's. It is right around the corner from Napper Tandy's and the rest of the Glenwood nightlife. Natty Greene's and Napper Tandy's both serve food, but if you are looking for a nicer restaurant, two decent restaurants nearby are 518 West for Italian and 42nd Street Oyster Bar. Zely & Ritz and Tobacco Road are also nearby and offer different fare, but both are very good.

Flying Saucer is great for the beer selection, but it can be really loud inside. If the weather is nice, they do have a good patio, though.

Boylan Bridge Brewpub has a great patio that has the best view of downtown.

Definitely check out Poole's Diner - the food is excellent.

Foundation is another cool bar to check out. They have NC beers and some excellent cocktails.

Bu-ku is a newer restaurant that has excellent food billed as "global street food".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary