Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 07:42 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,044 times

Advertisements

I only remember Rolesville as the town with only one stop light. Of course, that was about 10-15 years ago. There was not alot of houses, hardly any stores except the mom & pop ones. I was on the outskirts of Rolesville a few weeks ago, it looks like it has done a complete 360. I know there was a big boom of houses being sold out there, probably around 5-8 years ago, but I haven't really heard anything since then.

I know people often travel outside of Rolesville to do family activies so I dont know what there really is to do in Rolesville though. Check to see if there are movie theaters, what kind of dining/shopping there might be. If not, see how far it would be to do some of the regular activies your family would enjoy.

I do know that its very rare that you ever hear of any tornado warnings in Rolesville. I heard that mentioned from some locals once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 09:17 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
rolesville to cisco during rush hour would be a solid hour. I liked it out that way when I lived there, but it was a bit too far for work commute with me. (I dont work in one location, I inspect homes so I can be anywhere). Los Tres meguyos is great mexician food!

Old 06-26-2007, 11:47 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fables59 View Post
Does anyone know how long the commute will be from the Village at Rolesville to the CISCO area in RTP? I would probably be traveling on 540 around 7AM or so. Thanks
I don't know where specifically Cisco is, but when we go to Duke Eye, we go right through the RTP area. Today for the first time we had occasion to go at morning commute time. We left the Village at Rolesvlle at 7 AM and passed through RTP area at about 7:25-7:30. I was surprised that traffic wasn't that heavy at all.

The Village at Rolesville is a very nice community, with nice homes and friendly people. They pulled together for a fundraiser for the families whose homes were damaged in that recent fire - it was a pig pickin' at the clubhouse/pool. It's a nice thing to do, the 'small town neighbor-helping-neighbor' kind of thing that we don't see much of any more. It was the first time I'd seen the pool - what a beautiful, big pool that is, and great for kids on the shallow end. Lots of room in that pool for everybody, or just nice to sit poolside with refreshments. Lots of people walking through the neighborhood, too. I wouldn't mind living there, if the lots were larger.

Last edited by swbtoo; 06-26-2007 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: line

Old 06-26-2007, 12:20 PM

85 posts, read 334,276 times
Yes, the size of the lots are pretty small at the village of rolesville. I know they are starting on a 4th phase and taking money up front for corner lots etc, they said alot of people were asking for larger lots and this phase should have some, still about .16 to .18 though. I guess we would have to drive the work route from a few different towns and see what we come up with.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:03 PM

560 posts, read 2,849,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emme313 View Post
Yes, the size of the lots are pretty small at the village of rolesville. I know they are starting on a 4th phase and taking money up front for corner lots etc, they said alot of people were asking for larger lots and this phase should have some, still about .16 to .18 though. I guess we would have to drive the work route from a few different towns and see what we come up with.
About ten minutes North of Rolesville is Youngsville/Louisburg, they are in Franklin County. There are subdivisions on 401 and 98 as well as the streets off of those like Tarboro and so on that offer lots near and over a full acre with 2000+ sq. ft. homes from $180k - $400k. I would certainly at least poke around.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:30 AM

404 posts, read 2,616,281 times
is rolesville closer to raleigh then wake forest,
also anysubdivision on the south side of wake forest that can ve recommended

Old 07-16-2007, 04:01 AM

560 posts, read 2,849,720 times
Rolesville is a little closer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary