Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 03:53 PM

80 posts, read 177,272 times

Advertisements

Awesome! I totally want to see this concert :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 08:35 AM

1,231 posts, read 3,148,805 times
Anyone go to this concert last night? How did it compare to say the U2 concert. I know they are totatlly different but wondering more of the atmosphere.

Thanks.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:45 AM

397 posts, read 805,053 times
I went last night. I took a little heat from my friends as it wasn't particularly cool for me to go as a 40 year old guy. I got tickets last minute off craigs list and went with a gal pal.

The "people watching" was pretty spectacular. Oh how people were dressed. Ladies wrapped up in duct tape and how the girls showed up was a sight to behold.

As for the show, I was pretty impressed. LG has an incredible voice and the overall sound was quite good. The stage show was awesome and I was surprised at the quality of show such a younger artist. You could tell that money was spent on stage production and this was not a cheap show.

You had to put up with a little bantering on LG's part. She's got an agenda and maybe some parents might have been put off with the sexual messages and heavy gay influence. She's got a huge gay audience and they came out to see her. Nothing wrong with that and it was all good. Most people just had a great time.

LG might talk a lot and put a few people off, but she defianately delivered the goods with a stellar show.

4/5 on my scale for LG. I went to U2 last year as it was incredible. U2 has 30 years of music to draw from, so it's hard to compete with that.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:27 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,341,299 times
The show was awesome! Lady Gaga was great, and half the entertainment was seeing everyone dressed up. If anyone knows Gaga, it shouldn't have been surprising her strong support for the LGBT community and that there would be some sexual innuendo and a few f-bombs. She's a great live singer who promises to NEVER lip sing, and really cares for her fans. The stage and theatrics of it all was fun and I can’t wait until next time!

Old 09-20-2010, 12:07 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
I didn't need to see the concert, because I had enough Facebook friends who posted photos of virtualy every moment of it on their walls.

I'm sure it would be an awesome concert, but I don't usually "do" concerts and especially not for what I heard the ticket prices were.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:57 PM

397 posts, read 805,053 times
The opening act was entertaining. He threw more than a few F bombs and had more of a foul mouth than gaga at times. They're the perfect opening act for LG ,though. I enjoyed the antics.

It was a very well thought out show in terms of production. Perfect stage and lights.

I was suprised about the open seating on the floor level and no chairs. We looked down and it seems that's where all the action was, and people we're going crazy dancing around.

I guess that's why it was only 3/4 full on the floor. I imagine they could have sold more tickets, but for fire codes and overcrowding, there was plenty of room to move around down there. The center stage came out pretty far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary