Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 08:39 AM

838 posts, read 2,523,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcub View Post
Bloom was planned for Holly Springs Rd near 1010 and then construction stopped. Now they have started building the actual building and it does not look like a Food Lion so maybe it is still a Bloom? No signage yet so no clue.
Looks like there will be more than a Grocery store (or whatever it is). Interested in seeing what is going up there. Hope the area can sustain whatever businesses open up. The shopping center over at Ten Ten/Kildaire seems to be doing ok. Waiting for someone to buy the land across the street from the gas station on Holly Springs/Ten Ten Rd intersection. Can barely see that old farm house anymore, trees and brush grown up so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 09:34 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcub View Post
Bloom was planned for Holly Springs Rd near 1010 and then construction stopped. Now they have started building the actual building and it does not look like a Food Lion so maybe it is still a Bloom? No signage yet so no clue.
There used to be a Bloom sign there but it disappeared. I asked the girl at the counter of the Subway next door and she said it was going to be a Food Lion, so take that for what it's worth.

I now have 7 Food Lions within 5 minutes of my house...great...
Attached Thumbnails
Food Lion pulls plans for Triangle Bloom stores-clipboard01.jpg  

Old 09-19-2010, 06:34 AM

106 posts, read 502,890 times
I agree that Food Lion's aren't pretty, but when I compare my regular shopping bill from Food Lion to what I spend for the same food at Harris Teeter... I'll choose Food Lion any day. Their prices are cheaper, period. They don't offer the fancy stuff, but I don't usually buy that anyway. Just my opinion

Old 09-19-2010, 07:09 AM

223 posts, read 566,452 times
I think Food Lion has changed its prototype for its stores so they look different than the older ones. The one they just built at Riverwood in Clayton is the new design that they are trying out.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:35 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I don't care for the older Food Lions but I have been in newer ones that look much cleaner and much lighter and the food just LOOKS better!

And with more Food Lions coming to town, that means MORE JOBS!!!

So, those of you considering going out of the country for jobs (I actually know people that do this), you can start applying right here!

Vicki

Old 09-20-2010, 09:03 PM

36 posts, read 37,375 times
more jobs at food lion
lol most of the time I see only one cashier at all the food lions ive been too

Old 09-20-2010, 09:17 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMAN919 View Post
more jobs at food lion
lol most of the time I see only one cashier at all the food lions ive been too
One cashier per store is still one more job opening!!!

Add in a couple of managers and 1 bagger and now you have 4 job openings!!!

Vicki

Old 09-21-2010, 08:28 AM

838 posts, read 2,523,588 times
Food Lion is a pretty good place to work also. After 5 years of work, employees are vested and entitled to any funds in their profit sharing retirement. I worked part/full time going to NCSU in the late 80's/90's and had enough built up after 6 years of work to pay for my last year of college. Was definitely worth the time put in!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:30 AM

109 posts, read 343,007 times
Have any of these new Food Lions opened up yet? Are they nicer than the older ones around here? I'm hearing a rumor one is opening by me and I'm disappointed since I was hoping for a TJ or WF ( I know it was unlikely, but you can always hope!!).

When we first moved to the area I was not aware of their reputation and I bought some deli meat there. It ended up right in the garbage disposal. It was unbelievably disgusting, and i have gone out of my way to avoid the place since. Please tell me things have improved.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:37 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,179,883 times
I know this is an older post, but I never read it before. I am disappointed that Bloom isn't coming! I have no earthly idea why not. I visited one in Charlotte, and I thought it was definitely a step up from Food Lion. Heaven knows a Bloom would be better received than some of these raggedy Food Lion stores in the area.

Also, I have noticed repeatedly that although Harris Teeter's produce and other items may be more expensive, their meat is actually CHEAPER than Food Lion's meat. I once walked out of a FL empty-handed and drove over to Harris Teeter to purchase meat. And even though their produce may cost more, it is SUCH better quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary