Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:28 PM

451 posts, read 1,155,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post

Are you sure you're a dentist?
The last publication of the AHA infective endocarditis guidelines before the 2007 revision was in 1997.

I just googled it and yes, it has been confirmed that I am a dentist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 05:36 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,069,777 times
And nothing happened in the 70's? It probably is too difficult to find.

I'd be careful about that googly thing; I've heard it's not always right. You may not be a dentist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kids_Dentist View Post
The last publication of the AHA infective endocarditis guidelines before the 2007 revision was in 1997.

I just googled it and yes, it has been confirmed that I am a dentist.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:54 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,809,063 times
Ummmmm, folks? Could we please get back to the OP's original question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poole276
Need a good dentist in the North Raleigh/Raleigh area that does not charge an arm and a leg. (if one exists)
Thanks!

Old 03-17-2010, 07:16 PM

83 posts, read 207,622 times
Here's a dentist in North Raleigh, on Creedmoor Road - David Polhemus. He was recommended to me, and I've gone to him a few times. Before that, I went to Sunrise Dental. They were very expensive, and I do not recommend them.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:38 PM

I go to Sunrise Dental, and I like them a lot, but they are expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryMind View Post
Here's a dentist in North Raleigh, on Creedmoor Road - David Polhemus. He was recommended to me, and I've gone to him a few times. Before that, I went to Sunrise Dental. They were very expensive, and I do not recommend them.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:33 PM

115 posts, read 276,625 times
I was referred to Dr. Bufano, off Six Forks Rd. Their feedback ratings are extremely high. I had my first visit yesterday and was impressed. Very friendly environment.

But I'm wondering how expensive they are compared to other places in the area. My dental plan allows $1500 per year and pays 50% on major procedures. I hadn't been to the dentist in a few years and am paying the price by having to get 2 crowns. Even with my insurance paying half, these 2 babies will cost me $1600 out of pocket.

That's big money. But I have no idea what the average cost of dental practice is around here. Is that price insane, or is that comparable to everyone else? Luckily, they offer a credit plan that has 12 months 0% interest. I was a bit shell shocked when they told me the out of pocket cost.

For 1 filling, they said the charge is $250. That also seemed extremely high.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:09 PM

I received quotes for about $1400 EACH for two crowns at Sunrise Dental last month. (And I've taken care of my teeth right along.)

I have been trying to figure out how I could visit my hometown of Rochester, NY, to get the crowns done for about half of that rate, but I'd have to have temporary crowns and come back 2 weeks later. Not too convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by js33 View Post
I was referred to Dr. Bufano, off Six Forks Rd. Their feedback ratings are extremely high. I had my first visit yesterday and was impressed. Very friendly environment.

But I'm wondering how expensive they are compared to other places in the area. My dental plan allows $1500 per year and pays 50% on major procedures. I hadn't been to the dentist in a few years and am paying the price by having to get 2 crowns. Even with my insurance paying half, these 2 babies will cost me $1600 out of pocket.

That's big money. But I have no idea what the average cost of dental practice is around here. Is that price insane, or is that comparable to everyone else? Luckily, they offer a credit plan that has 12 months 0% interest. I was a bit shell shocked when they told me the out of pocket cost.

For 1 filling, they said the charge is $250. That also seemed extremely high.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:20 AM

56 posts, read 149,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poole276 View Post
Need a good dentist in the North Raleigh/Raleigh area that does not charge an arm and a leg. (if one exists)
There are many great lost cost dental clinics at communit health centers. There is one at New Bern, but to get a full list, check out this link:

safety_net_clinics (http://www.communityhealth.dhhs.state.nc.us/dental/safety_net_clinics.htm - broken link)

Ken

Old 08-13-2010, 10:13 AM

You need to show proof of income at those clinics. A great list to have for many.

But it's too bad there isn't a dentist available in the area who doesn't charge an arm and a leg to employed people who do not have dental plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethhoff View Post
There are many great lost cost dental clinics at communit health centers. There is one at New Bern, but to get a full list, check out this link:

safety_net_clinics (http://www.communityhealth.dhhs.state.nc.us/dental/safety_net_clinics.htm - broken link)

Ken

Old 08-13-2010, 04:37 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,124,746 times
Howarth Dental in Raleigh is reasonable.

Also think whether saving a tooth is really necessary. Extraction can many times be both cost effective and not detrimental to your overall dental health.

I've found this to be the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary