Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:14 AM

319 posts, read 1,478,472 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone! I have some new places to scope out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 10:53 AM

27 posts, read 189,873 times
They just opened a little Caribbean Cafe on Millbrook Ave in North Raleigh. There is also Jamaican Market on Spring Forest Rd Across from the movie theater. Another Jamaican take out place in Mini City On Capital Blvd. These are not fancy but they are pretty tasty.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:49 AM

12 posts, read 11,115 times
has anyone tried the Caribbean place on Millbrook (near Tailgaters)? I work right by there, but I'd like to know an opinion before I go - that and the one time worked up the courage to try it, they weren't open...

Old 06-11-2007, 03:56 PM

20 posts, read 91,649 times
If authentic is more important than attractive, go to Fayetteville Road just South of Hwy 147 in Durham. There are a couple of very Jamaican places there. Island Flava, and Caribbean Cuisine.

Else there's Cool Runnings in Cary, which someone already mentioned.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:06 PM

233 posts, read 860,302 times
Theres another jamaican restaurant (or atleast there was) on Hwy 64 heading east (aka.. New Bern Ave), just before you cross the Neuse River there is a newer Food Lion shoppng center on the right, a Sheetz gas station right at the road. If you were looking at the Food Lion, the restaurant is/was all the way to your right, the first spot in the strip of stores, next to a UPS shipping store I think. I don't know anything about the menu, prices or how good it may be... maybe it will ring a bell with someone here.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:22 PM

6 posts, read 21,140 times
Smile Hello

Hello, My name is Mia. I too am looking for a good restaurant. I am down in Goldsboro. I am Jamaican,Dominician and Cruzan(St. Croix). Actually, I have a whole goat in my freezer. Does anyone want to cook it with me? Where are the nice places to meet some of my Carib family?
Mia

Quote:
Originally Posted by danadana View Post
Can anyone recommend an authentic caribbean (preferably jamaican) restuarant in the triangle? I am sorely missing trinbago! They had the best roti! I've been to Jamaica Jamaica. I don't think the meat (oxtail, curry goat) is seasoned enough. I only go to Blue Corn Cafe for the tostones....I would appreciate any suggestions, even really good carryouts. I am getting hungry just waiting for your responses.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:24 PM

Hello,

Do you know the name of the restaurant?
Mia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassy View Post
Theres another jamaican restaurant (or atleast there was) on Hwy 64 heading east (aka.. New Bern Ave), just before you cross the Neuse River there is a newer Food Lion shoppng center on the right, a Sheetz gas station right at the road. If you were looking at the Food Lion, the restaurant is/was all the way to your right, the first spot in the strip of stores, next to a UPS shipping store I think. I don't know anything about the menu, prices or how good it may be... maybe it will ring a bell with someone here.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Restaurant

Hello,

I forgot to mention their is a little restaurant in Kinston, NC. They have excellent food. They are only open on the weekends. It is worth the drive. If anyone has a real interest, they can contact me and I will get the name and the number for them.
Mia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnery View Post
If authentic is more important than attractive, go to Fayetteville Road just South of Hwy 147 in Durham. There are a couple of very Jamaican places there. Island Flava, and Caribbean Cuisine.

Else there's Cool Runnings in Cary, which someone already mentioned.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Restaurant

What city is this in?
Mia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempertantrum View Post
has anyone tried the Caribbean place on Millbrook (near Tailgaters)? I work right by there, but I'd like to know an opinion before I go - that and the one time worked up the courage to try it, they weren't open...

Old 10-08-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Hello

Hello,

As you can tell, I a new to the N.C. Area. Is this in a safe neighborhood?

Thanks,
Angie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb27 View Post
They just opened a little Caribbean Cafe on Millbrook Ave in North Raleigh. There is also Jamaican Market on Spring Forest Rd Across from the movie theater. Another Jamaican take out place in Mini City On Capital Blvd. These are not fancy but they are pretty tasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary