Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 05:18 AM

460 posts, read 1,271,480 times

Advertisements

Courts cut breaks all the time. The world's an imperfect place.

Good luck, Guch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 08:52 AM

88 posts, read 220,855 times
My suggestion:
1) Get an Attorney - all the reccomendations here suggested getting it knocked down to below 9. What they leave out is the option to having it reduced further to an improper equipment charge which has even less impact. An Attorney who knows the Chatham courthouse and has relationships there will be able to give you a Recco for what they can do. An shop around - different atty's may be able to accomplish different results / cost.

2) Save the PFJ - no need to waste this on a traffic ticket. Its a resource to help you in more valuable situations (criminal vs. dmv)

Old 03-29-2010, 11:33 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,496,977 times
Igolfchip,

I was able to get out of a speeding ticket in Johnston County due to improper equipment but that was because I had oversized tires on my vehicle and had not had the speedometer calibrated.

Based on the facts of the story, I don't think you gan get a speeding ticket reduced to improper equipment due to the fact that your loaner didn't have cruise control.

Just my humble opinion.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,783,339 times
I got a ticket for running a stop sign in Durham (ALLEGEDLY LOL), showed up, and the assistant DA immediately dropped it to a basic parking ticket. Not sure if they'll do the same thing for speeding tickets, but they seemed to offer a deal to everyone in line. I think I still had to pay court costs though. You should be more concerned with the points being removed than the court costs though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary