Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:21 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,110 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to tell y'all, you need to check out Journey church!

Journey Church - Raleigh, NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 08:37 AM

246 posts, read 627,240 times
I can understand that kind of frustration. If you are near Downtown, consider coming to Vintage 21. Check out the site, take a listen to a couple of sermons.

I would suggest also taking a look at the Act 29 network. Its a community of churches that share the same belief of bible based churches.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:46 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,095,324 times
What does this mean? (The first part.) I am asking sincerely.

Quote:
I'm really going to have to hear from God on this, b/c I am just astonished at some of the things I seen and heard lately.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:24 PM

14 posts, read 82,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
What does this mean? (The first part.) I am asking sincerely.

I'm not sure that I understand your question lovebrentwood ???

I think that what I posted is pretty self-explanatory, but just incase its not ...... I have been praying for God to lead me to a new church home here in Raleigh. I haven't found one yet, so I really need to listen to "HIS" leading more closely.

Hopefully that makes it a little clearer for you.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:30 PM

No, it's not clearer, but that's okay. Thanks for your answer! I do appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanz View Post
I'm not sure that I understand your question lovebrentwood ???

I think that what I posted is pretty self-explanatory, but just incase its not ...... I have been praying for God to lead me to a new church home here in Raleigh. I haven't found one yet, so I really need to listen to "HIS" leading more closely.

Hopefully that makes it a little clearer for you.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:06 PM

14 posts, read 82,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
No, it's not clearer, but that's okay. Thanks for your answer! I do appreciate it.
Sincerely lovebrentwood.......What is it that you do not understand about my post ? What is it that is not clear to you ? Please explain......

Old 04-13-2010, 04:55 PM

No, it's okay. You answered it in part when you said you prayed to God, so I assume you're waiting for an answer in some way.

Really! It's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanz View Post
Sincerely lovebrentwood.......What is it that you do not understand about my post ? What is it that is not clear to you ? Please explain......

Old 04-13-2010, 07:01 PM

441 posts, read 1,291,781 times
I have visited Richland Creek in Wake Forest several times and have enjoyed myself. Anyone have any input of them ?

Last edited by dchz1; 04-13-2010 at 07:40 PM..

Old 04-14-2010, 12:08 AM

56 posts, read 132,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchz1 View Post
I have visited Richland Creek in Wake Forest several times and have enjoyed myself. Anyone have any input of them ?
We've been attending Richland Creek pretty regularly since we moved to WF in Nov and most importantly what we are hearing from the pulpit is solidly biblical. They have 4 services on Sunday morning. One is traditional worship, the next is mixed , and I believe the last two are contemporary worship styles. They also have many, many ministries and classes. So far, we are being blessed by this Church. I believe it is a Spirit-filled Church...but it is not pentecostal.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:40 AM

76 posts, read 220,046 times
Quote:
... so I don't feel so bad when I don't have a little extra to offer.
This was a real wake up call! Tithing is biblical (mandatory). 10% in the Old Testament, “in keeping with income,” 1Cor 16:2, in the New Testament. DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying that the person who said this isn't tithing, or somehow is sinning, I'm just saying that this is a very wordly, unbiblical message that I hope isn't the majority feelings in the church these days.

As mentioned earlier, First Assembly may be what you are looking for. It is A/G, but it is very diverse, and very straight from the bible.

The pastor doesn't dance around the issue(s). He presents them, shows you where it is in the Bible, and doesn't try to be PC. He is open, upfront, and honest. He was a Baptist pastor until he encountered the Holy Spirit, which at that time got him removed from the Baptist churches, lol

The pastor has a radio program on 1030 AM at 10:30 AM Give it a listen if you can. If not, you can hear his sermons on-line.

I don't want to mention names, but I've been to one of the above non-denominal churches above and here was the problem. They had a line they didn't want to cross. They openly invited everyone in... and would teach the "PC" things that wouldn't offend others.

Well... the Bible isn't PC. It does offend non-believers. It isn't a set of recommendations. It is the way a true Christian should live. Granted, none of us are perfect, and do sin. However, to only preach the "PC" parts of the Bible, and leave other parts out so that you don't offend or ostricize anyone... at that point you aren't doing any good and may fall into that lukewarm christianity, which Jesus will "spit out."

I know there may be some good non-denominational churches out there, but from the 3-4 in the area Raleigh-Durham area I visited (1 I even joined for a few years), prior to finding First Assembly, I can tell you that non-denominal churches are usually such so that they can preach what they want, and leave out the parts that some may not want to hear about.

Also, so I don't get blasted, the services the OP listed about multiple tithing sessions etc is crazy. I wouldn't have gone back either. And I'm not saying all non-denomical churches are bad. I'm just stating my opinion based on the few in the area I have been too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary