Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:23 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times

Advertisements

I was searching for sun hats online and found this company, ExOfficio. They have a line of clothing that is described as "An insect repellent finish that repels flies, ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, midges and ants."

Here is the link:

http://www.exofficio.com/splash.aspx?page=LIST&category|buzzoff=BUZZ%20OFF9 ¢%20Clothing&canned_results_trigger=&category_id= buzzoff

The line of clothing is called "Buzz Off".

If any of you have tried it let us know if it works!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 07:27 PM

11 posts, read 31,278 times
I haven't tried it, but my Dad swears by that brand.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
I've never tried those clothes although I have seen them. Since I'm not a fan of spraying DEET all over my family, we use a spray called Herbal Armor. It makes you smell like a citronella candle, but I'll take that over pesticides any day. It is a blend of herbs that really does work.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:49 PM

478 posts, read 2,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
I was searching for sun hats online and found this company, ExOfficio. They have a line of clothing that is described as "An insect repellent finish that repels flies, ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, midges and ants."

Here is the link:

http://www.exofficio.com/splash.aspx?page=LIST&category|buzzoff=BUZZ%20OFF9 ¢%20Clothing&canned_results_trigger=&category_id= buzzoff

The line of clothing is called "Buzz Off".

If any of you have tried it let us know if it works!
Hahahahaha! Let's just say that I am VERY familiar with that brand.

If you have any questions about the product, I'll be happy to answer them.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:15 AM

185 posts, read 991,933 times
are ticks and mosquitoes a big problem in the Durham area?

I hope not! mosquito allergies run in my family. Fingers crossed - sure hope my daughter doesn't have the allergy too.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:38 AM

478 posts, read 2,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmartian View Post
are ticks and mosquitoes a big problem in the Durham area?
I think it is safe to say that most blood-suckers (ticks, mosquitos, etc.) thrive in warm, humid environments. That is true not just in NC, but countrywide and worldwide.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:53 AM

ah, I thought they just liked the woods. at least that's where I've found them the most in the North east U.S. Ok prepared for the allergy shots.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:45 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlitefromNC View Post
Hahahahaha! Let's just say that I am VERY familiar with that brand.

If you have any questions about the product, I'll be happy to answer them.
SeattlitefromNC, do you work for ExOfficio? I see they are in Tukwila.

So I do have a question... is the Insect Shield used in the clothing all natural or synthetic? I'm not asking for trade secrets but I just want to make sure the chemicals used are non-toxic and not DEET like.
Thanks!!

Old 06-07-2007, 10:43 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times
I live in MA right now. Forget warm and humid. This place is a mosquito heaven (for the mosquitos that is!). And we have an abundance of deer ticks, (lyme disease), black flies, etc. Except for the deer ticks, the best insect repellant I have found that is non-toxic is Skin-so-Soft by Avon. Just the regular old, original SSS---not any of their newer, fancier, beefed up versions. I swear, it works! Get the spray bottle. You do have to reapply often but there's nothing in it that could harm you.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:13 AM

yeah MA is mosquito heaven. last time I was there was 3-5 years ago. I still have a scar on my hip from where the darn bugs bit me through my blue jeans. I even bathed in skin so soft that trip! it helps though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary