U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:34 AM

404 posts, read 2,535,793 times

Advertisements

does anyone know about the area/subdivsion called hedingham in raleigh.
It seems like its alot cheaper,the houses appear to be nice looking(on the internet)and its only 10 minutes from north hills mall.
Im living in another state,but does anyone know anything about this subdivision or the 27604 zip code in general?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2006, 10:41 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,145,991 times
1) Don't try to learn about parts of Raleigh (or most cities in NC) using zip codes. They're pretty random in what parts of town they cover. For example, a zip code in Raleigh can include historical renovated upper-income homes, trashy housing projects, suburban subdivisions, and even farmland. It really tells you nothing!

2) I know a friend who's in Hedingham. She likes the houses OK, but has said she wished she lived closer to downtown because there's not much to do out there.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:39 PM

how far is "out there"?
I visited and the one area(for starter homes that i had a chance to see)that i liked was stonehenge,lantern square,north haven,etc.
Its just seems that a similar house in 27604 maybe less...and im trying to find out the difference.They llok like nice houses with nice yards,so its hard to tell whats good and whats not.
The zipcodes that people have told me were the best for starter homes was 27615,27612,27613,and i only saw bedford in 27614---......BUT,id love to here peoples opinions for specific neighboorhoods(in the 150,000 to 235,000 range).I have a wife and one year old son and the city as a whole seemed very family oriented ,we just need specific suggestions.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:37 PM

312 posts, read 1,848,588 times
Hi, I was shopping for the home thru internet while still living in FL, I noticed that there were plenty of houses for sale in Hedingham area. The houses look really nice, good price, and have community pool, gym, etc that we're looking for.

As I later found out the real reason why people move out of Hedingham - it's because they're unhappy with the schools that their kids attended ~and~ the owners aren't too happy with the HOA strictive rules there.

We ended up buying a new house in Johnston County.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:12 PM

where in johnston county,is it garner/what subdivsion?
how far from raleigh?
How is life there?

Old 08-02-2006, 01:33 PM

Hi Canine - it's in Flowers Plantation, which is located in Clayton. It takes us between 20 to 30 minutes drive to Cary. Clayton is building some new highway that will bring us a shorter commute to Cary/Triangle area.

We like Clayton because it's not too crowded like Cary.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:23 PM

and yoiu like the area,schools,etc

Old 08-03-2006, 07:43 PM

The school that I took my son to is wonderful. It's new and clean; the teachers there are friendly and care about children. I checked their school report and it was rated "excellence of distinctive".

I like the area because it's not too crazy like Cary and Morrisville (traffic, overcrowded, etc). It has a little rural feel to it. Clayton has a cute little downtown as the city is still reviving it to make it look nice and clean. Clayton is growing as there are more new subdivisions are being added within a year or two.

You might want to go visit there and check it out to see if you like the area. It sure helped us, better than getting info from the computer.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:08 PM

so far of a drive is it to say...north hills mall,or triangle town center,,,
Are their jobs there?

Old 08-04-2006, 06:29 PM

Clayton got plenty of new "science/medical" industry job. As for job/mall, you can drive to Raleigh for 20 to 30 minutes commute. The commute will be shorter in the next 2 years due to new highways. It's building right now.

The closest brand-new shopping center is White Oak, which is on the border between Clayton and Garner. There is a McDonald that is really nice - all of the counter and tables inside are marble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>