Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:18 AM

49 posts, read 185,869 times

Advertisements

I have my Michigan and Illinois teaching certificate and because I took the state tests in both of those states I didn't have to take the Praxis. I am going to be teaching at a year round school here and I can't wait to start. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful. This is the first district since I left Michigan that is giving me the resources that I need to do my job and I am so excited about that!

Where in MI are you coming from? What school did you go to? My husbad and I graduted from CMU.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 09:37 AM

7 posts, read 16,491 times
We are in Macomb County (Sterling Heights) I am graduating from the A.C.E. program at Saginaw Valley State University May 2008 with my elementary ed certificate.

How long ago did you relocate? Where in Michigan did you come from? Which district are you working in in N.C.? (I have a million questions! in case you can't tell)

Michigan just doesn't hold much promise for a teaching job and my husband runs a small business that he can run from there so relocating seems ideal for us. Were you able to secure a job before you went down there or did you go first and get the job after? The NC recruiter told me I don't need the PRAXIS either - I'll take the MTTC tests and that's all they need.

Did you attend their job fair down there to help get a job? They recommend I go to the one in April to interview with the Principals. They also come out to out school then to recruit. Truthfully, I would like to secure a contract as early as possible to give me at least a little time to sell our house before we have to move out there.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:18 AM

49 posts, read 185,869 times
I taught in Rochester when I was in Michigan. I left Michigan in 2002 when my husband was laid off. Since then we have lived in Wisconsin and Illinois. My husband moved down here in January and my daughter and I just moved down here 2 weeks ago. I started looking right away when he got the job. There were some postings as early as February. I was scheduled to go to the job fair in April but when I was down here on Spring break I interviewed and was hired. I am going to be teaching in Wake County.
Pm if you have any more questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary