Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:16 AM

251 posts, read 513,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear75 View Post
I just went through the same thing. My son didn't get any of his magnets. I phoned the growth and planning office and they said in May you can apply for a transfer to the school you want as well (very unlikely you will get it if it is a magnet school but at least you are trying). They also said that my son will remain in the pool for that school so if a spot opens he may be able to get in. The parents that did get into their magnet choice have I think 30 days to make a decision if they want in and if they choose to stay at their base school then a spot will come open. Don't forget some people may move out of the county so spots can open that way as well.

I would contact them and ask questions or even go visit the growth and planning office and see what your options are. They were very helpful in explaining the process and took away allot of my anger I had that my son didn't get into the magnet school. There is still hope that he can! Below is the contact info.

Wake County Public School System
Growth and Planning Department
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609

Phone, Fax and E-mail

Office: (919) 850-1921

April 23rd is the deadline to decline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 05:10 PM

502 posts, read 1,650,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbcat View Post
Have you thought about skipping her ahead? Or is that not done in NC?
Yes, briefly. However we don't think that's best for her socially. Plus there's a whole drawn out process you have to go through, from my understanding, and you still may end up not getting accepted.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:13 PM

502 posts, read 1,650,095 times
Thanks MamaBear. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary