Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:10 PM

476 posts, read 1,292,817 times

Advertisements

Just exploring other options for our 2 dogs ... can anyone recommend a good dog boarding facility around Cary/Apex/Holly Springs/Fuquay/Raleigh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 03:38 PM

9,131 posts, read 14,697,388 times
We take ours to Camp Canine and the dogs LOVE IT, but I am not sure if they are taking any new clients right now.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:10 PM

363 posts, read 1,210,286 times
we use suite paws at 440/64 all the time. our dog (a high energy german shorthaired pointer) absolutely loves it there. she goes 2-3 times a week sometimes more for the daycare to play with other dogs. we have boarded her there a couple of times and it has been great. you can even get a kennel with a webcam so you can check on your dog from wherever in the world you are the staff are very nice, clearly animal lovers and take very good care.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 PM

41 posts, read 176,893 times
We have used Green Level Kennel and Town & Country Animal Care Center (part of T&C Veterinary Hospital). Both have wonderful facilities, great staff, and reasonable prices. Highly recommend them for both dogs and kitties!

Old 05-18-2010, 06:31 PM

214 posts, read 999,888 times
I can't recommend Companion Camp in Pittsboro enough. I've used a couple of boarding facilities in and around the Cary area, and while I was happy enough with them, I just love Companion Camp. It's summer camp style boarding, and the dogs all get a 1 mile hike in the mornings, and then get to play in the play yard in the afternoon, and that's all included in the boarding fee. (Medication administration is also included in the fee.)

The owners live on-site as well, which is something I really like and they are just really awesome animal people who love what they do.

Welcome to Companion Camp

Old 05-19-2010, 04:37 AM

5,732 posts, read 17,554,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyOaksGirl View Post
We have used Green Level Kennel and Town & Country Animal Care Center (part of T&C Veterinary Hospital). Both have wonderful facilities, great staff, and reasonable prices. Highly recommend them for both dogs and kitties!
We also use Town & Country for our 2 dogs. I'm not completely sold on them, but we use the vet there as well, so it's convenient. It's frustrating to pay the equivalent per night of getting them their own hotel room, but what can you do?

Old 05-19-2010, 05:25 AM

770 posts, read 2,749,186 times
We used Green level Kennel once and they were very good (The best option after a lot of research by my wife)

Old 05-19-2010, 06:17 AM

31 posts, read 118,994 times
Hey there!

I would suggest Lucky Paws on Hwy 70 in Raleigh. They have daycare and boarding for one price. The dogs are able to run free throughout the day and return to their kennels for food and rest. They have employees who monitor the dogs at all times to make sure they remain friendly but there is hardly ever a problem. You should check it out. They are pretty reasonably priced for all you are getting!

Old 05-19-2010, 06:42 AM

476 posts, read 1,292,817 times
Thank you for all these suggestions. I am looking into all of them! I would actually extend my request to anywhere in the Triangle - doesn't have to be around Cary. We are willing to drive to somewhere good.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:46 PM

27 posts, read 92,119 times
Default Camp Bow Wow - Cary

I recommend Camp Bow Wow in Cary. (There's also one in Durham). They have a nice facility, know how to let dogs be dogs and take good care of ours when she's there. Our dog LOVES to go there - both for daycare or boarding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary