Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:21 PM

34 posts, read 86,311 times

Advertisements

Took a trip to Krispy Kremes on Person St Saturday only to find it closed for rennovation

Does anyone know when it will re-open, and what if anything will be new? Seemed like they could do with having a bigger seating area, but didn't look like the place was being extended.

That was the only Krispy Kreme location I know of near Cary. Is there another one within reasonable driving distance or will I have to resort to buying them from the grocery store and microwaving (not quite the same )?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,050,726 times
Triangle Business Journal quoted them as saying they planned to reopen in late May. The other downtown location and the Knightdale store remain open.

Frank

Old 04-20-2010, 12:40 PM

15 posts, read 42,942 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpc View Post
Triangle Business Journal quoted them as saying they planned to reopen in late May. The other downtown location and the Knightdale store remain open.

Frank
They will be serving Krispy Kreme soft serve ice cream when they re--open.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread&collards View Post
They will be serving Krispy Kreme soft serve ice cream when they re--open.
Now that you mention it, I do remember that too ... I wonder if they'll match the donut flavors?

Old 04-21-2010, 08:02 AM

34 posts, read 86,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpc View Post

Frank
I didn't even realise there was another downtown location! Where is it and is it easy to get to? Does it serve drinks as well? Presume it doesn't have the window to the production area so we can sit and watch the donuts going round and round, that was my fav reason for going to the Person St one

Old 04-21-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Geordies View Post
I didn't even realise there was another downtown location! Where is it and is it easy to get to? Does it serve drinks as well? Presume it doesn't have the window to the production area so we can sit and watch the donuts going round and round, that was my fav reason for going to the Person St one
I've never been, largely 'cause I agree about the production window at the Person St location, but Fayetteville St has a store.

Frank

Old 04-21-2010, 08:43 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,460,487 times
Yum, KK donut with KK ice cream on it. My arteries can hardly wait.
Oh and how about a KK skinny cow - slice a donut and put a layer of KK ice cream in the middle for a sandwich!

Last edited by Crashj007; 04-21-2010 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: new treat

Old 04-21-2010, 12:25 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,534,258 times
they just opened the one on fayetteville this winter I think

Old 04-21-2010, 01:04 PM

319 posts, read 1,475,660 times
When I called to ask when they plan to reopen, I was told June 1st. I asked if the downtown Raleigh location and the Knightdale location serve them hot. They do not. I guess I will have to wait or drive to Greensboro. I would love to taste the ice cream!

Old 04-21-2010, 03:33 PM

932 posts, read 3,089,504 times
We went downtown for a hot donut over the weekend and had to head out to Knightdale. They had ice cream at that location....piled on top of a donut. Hope the refurb downtown is better than what the store has been. Back in the day there was a long coffee counter with stools. It was awesome. Dana, I would drive to Greensboro for a hot Krispy Kreme if it came down to it. They are the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary